Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crest Vanilla Mint toothpaste

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jun 13, 2005.

1. is the most delicious toothpaste ever developed by humans.

Good God, I so love brushing my teeth now...it's not an over-minty painful experience anymore.

Have any of you tried it, it's quite good.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

What's the sugar content...? :meh:

3. Yo, don't drag your refined sugar woes into my thread on delicious dentifrice. ;)

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Oh man..I disagree. I like vanilla, and I tried it. I thought it was putrid.

5. Bummer dude, gimmie back my quote. ;)

6. Bruce Lindfield

Well, that's almost certainly the only reason you like it more than another brand - the added sugar!! :meh:

Where did we get this idea that cleaning your teeth has to be pleasant or taste good....? :meh:

Food tastes good - the idea of cleaning your teeth is a functional act, to get rid of sugar - not add it!! :scowl:

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    But it's not as bad as the orange was!

8. I heard rubbing your teeth with dry dog feces is a fantastic cleaning method...have at it Bruce, and give us your results. ;)

I'll stick to what I like. You'll be horrified to know that I use mouthwash too. That prolly has sugar in it too.

Seriously tho, I've tried to find out answers to your queries short of a formal letter to Crest enterprises, but have come up short. More info to follow.

And for the record, I like anything I do to be enjoyable Bruce, it keeps me doing it instead of avoiding it (such is life, eh?)...and if it takes a dab of vanilla and a little sugar to keep me coming back to my already judicious oral hygiene, who are you to rain on my parade? I've tried the Tom's of Maine all-natural route, and not only does it taste like crapola, but my mouth never felt clean afterwards. And alot of the uber-powerful stuff actually is beyond painful, like altoids on eleven.

Didn't think I'd have to justify my toothpaste preference, but hey...I started the thread... ;)

9. Yeah, that WAS horrible. Bruce?

10. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I use it and like it a lot. I still want to try some of the others. The orange was ok for me, the cinnamon was alright, the vanilla mint was awesome. Want to check out the berry ones and stuff hehe.

The vanilla reminds me of the white tictacs :)

11. Bruce Lindfield

So - you find paying taxes enjoyable, you find paying your electricity bill, water rates, credit card bills etc etc....enjoyable? :meh:

Life's just not like that - we all do things we don't enjoy that much, because we have to, or we prefer the end result....

12. You know what I meant, but insist on being SILLY NILLY (edited as to not offend Mr. Bruce...sorry) anyway. double :meh:

:D

Oh well, this thread's taken a delightful turn...shall we get on the subject of IPods again, so you can extoll your thoughts on that too Bruce?

13. Bruce Lindfield

Well I 'm not being rude - or personal, like you!! :meh:

I'm just pointing out that clening your teeth is a functional act and that if you (as in "one") just go on the taste, then you're likely to be making it worse rather than better !

Have I made any personal comments or been rude to you...?

So why do you feel the need to be rude and make personal comments about me...:confused:

{EDIT NB. YOU have been rude and disrespecful to me - against forum rules!! :meh:

I have said nothing disrespectful to anybody in this thread and have said nothing against forum rules!! }

14. Did you notice the smiley Bruce? I was taking a bit of a jab at your side...sorry to have hurt your feelings there bub, there was no malice. Let's calm down a tad, n'kay? The IPod comment was merely a nod to how ridiculous this thread is starting to become. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT TOOTHPASTE!

Seriously tho, why feel the need to spout off painfull obvious things like
    "Life's just not like that - we all do things we don't enjoy that much, because we have to, or we prefer the end result...." when we're talking about a toothpaste? :eyebrow:

I just found that very amusing. It's like comparing apples and hand grenades.

15. Bruce Lindfield

I feel the need to say that, as I am appalled that anybody in this day and age, should think that the most important thing about a toothpaste is how it tastes!! :meh:

It's like society dumbing down - almost as bad as 'creationism'!!

16. I surely hope you're not implying that I'm dumb for liking a tasty toothpaste... ;)

I like how my teeth feel clean afterwards too whilst using this product, so no worries there.. And as far as the taste goes, I'm already taking it for granted that it is doing its job of effectively cleaning my teeth AND performing to guidelines established by the American Dental Association, so I don't give that much thought going in...I see that little ADA mark on the box, and I'm right as rain...

Did I mention that it TASTES AWESOME?!?!? :D <<<these are my teeth after I'm done brushing with it.

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Bruce, here in America, we have things called sugar substitutes...

Mon, thanks for the info on the toothpaste :)

18. Bruce Lindfield

Do you believe that climate change and global warming are nothing to do with human actions as well and it's OK to drive SUvs etc etc ...? ;)

19. No the most important thing is how the new bottle fits smuggly in my hand. ;)

20. Not at all. And again, HOW exactly is this germaine to my discussion on toothpaste? You're being a silly nilly again.