1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cricket fans - look who I met yesterday!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petebass, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Nice guy too!

2. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Was it a special function that you were playing at?

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    [​IMG]

any relation?

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    No, funnily enough all the local celebs I meet at function gigs are running to a script that doesn't include photo's with the band. Often I'm either too shy or too busy to ask.

Punter was at the local shopping mall doing signings of his new book.

5. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    you have to love him. i can't wait for the ashes to start, Australia is going to mop the floor with England.

i believe that England got lucky last series, Australia was coming off a long break, they had injuries, and everything went right for England.

Not this time!!!:D

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    That's we all said last time. We were still saying after the 2nd test, and look what happened!

The signs are good. Since the Ashes Australia has won everything it's played in - We beat the World XI, slaughtered the Windies & NZ, had as good battle with South Africa diring which they showed signs of beating us but never really threatened, wiped the floor with Sri Lanka, and then won the ICC Champions Trophy in India.

England won the ashes then got plastered by Pakistan. I'm not sure what's happened since but their showing at the Champions Trophy was nothing to worry about.

More importantly we've stabilised our side. Have a look at who we've played in the last 12 months and you'll see some names you'll probably never see again - Mark Cosgrove, Stuark Clark, Dan Cullen, Brett Dorey, Shain Tait, and we carried Gillespie waaayy to long when he lost form. I think it's fair the Ashes did a lot to unsettle out selectors. But we've finally got a regular set of good players who are are all performing well enough to feel their spots are secure.

Should be a good series!