Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cricket fans - new world record!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petebass, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Matthew Hayden is on 376 runs (not out) as I type this. It's the highest individual score EVER in the history of test cricket. It took him a mere 433 balls to pass Brian Lara's previous record of 375 and judging by his current form, he'll pass 400 easily.

Australia are 5/731 at tea, day 2 of the 1st test againat Zimbabwe. Gilchrist is out there with him at the moment with 113 off 94 balls. Yes this is supposed to be a test match.............

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I spoke too soon. Hayden was caught on the boundary with 380 runs against his name.

Top Effort Matty!

STANDING OVATION!

3. I got home from school at 3:30 and my sister said he was like 300 and was like wow...then sat down to watch it at around 4:10 and he broke the world record....great work..to bad it wasnt against a good team like South Africa but 380 that is massive

4. I was at work! I missed it....

I heard about it. But damn! Well done matt!

The aussies have no competition do they? I mean come on... Maybe Australia should play the second best team in the world... Australia A... hehe

:D:D

Merls

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well Zimbabwe are certainly no opposition to boast about beating - especially since they have been weakened by losing several players who are against Mugabe's regime and to injury!

So - like their fastest bowler - Olonga and Flower - so given that they have no bowling attack, apart from Streak - is this any surprise?

At least Lara can do it against full-strength teams!! ;)

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

PS - we'll thrash Australia in the Rugby!! ;)

I see the Aussies are already calling Martin Johnson a cheat in preparation to bringing out all the excuses when they lose!! ;)

7. Yeah but rugby isnt an Australian sport... its a Sydney sport so they can do whatever they like. :p

:D:D

Merls

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    uh...

sox/cubs anyone? :confused: :D

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Fair point - if he hit 150 or 200 that is. But 380 is 380. I don't care if it was against suburban B12 grade side, it's still nothing to sneeze at, especially when it was hit at a strike rate that would be considered fast even in a one day match........

PS - England are my hot tip for the Rugby Yawnion World Cup. I'm not a big fan of "Cick & Clap", but even I've noticed that they're in great form.

10. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Gooooo Waaaaaaaaaalllabiiiiiiieeeeeeeessss!!!<BR><BR>Gooooooooo Weeeeeeeeeennnndelllll!!!<BR><BR>Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi! Oi! Oi!<BR><BR>C'mon Brucey! Bring on your pretty little Marty and his dirty, reaching, ruck-groping cohorts!! CAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMOOOOONNNNNN GEORGIE!!!!<BR><BR>Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, OI, OI, OI!!!!

11. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    :) Unharmed, you're such a yobbo!

12. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    <BR><BR>:D<BR><BR>Just got back from the Wales v Canada game. Wales took it easily but the Canadians didn't lay down and die at least. About to watch the England v Georgia game from Perth. I don't think there's going to be too much doubt about the outcome of that one :rolleyes:.

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Now C'mon is that any way for a Rugby Union fan to behave? Aren't you supposed to be a private school snob who wears a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches while you nibble water crackers with aged stilton.

14. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    <BR><BR><BR>:D<BR><BR><BR>Yeah, I know but I'm only a fairly recent convert I'm afraid. My in-laws are all mad rugby fans (my youngest brother-in-law is moving to Sydney next year to try and get a spot in the Super 12's) so I've only had 5-6 years of practice ;)