1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cricket fans - new world record!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petebass, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Matthew Hayden is on 376 runs (not out) as I type this. It's the highest individual score EVER in the history of test cricket. It took him a mere 433 balls to pass Brian Lara's previous record of 375 and judging by his current form, he'll pass 400 easily.

Australia are 5/731 at tea, day 2 of the 1st test againat Zimbabwe. Gilchrist is out there with him at the moment with 113 off 94 balls. Yes this is supposed to be a test match.............

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I spoke too soon. Hayden was caught on the boundary with 380 runs against his name.

Top Effort Matty!

STANDING OVATION!

3. I got home from school at 3:30 and my sister said he was like 300 and was like wow...then sat down to watch it at around 4:10 and he broke the world record....great work..to bad it wasnt against a good team like South Africa but 380 that is massive

4. I was at work! I missed it....

I heard about it. But damn! Well done matt!

The aussies have no competition do they? I mean come on... Maybe Australia should play the second best team in the world... Australia A... hehe

:D:D

Merls

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well Zimbabwe are certainly no opposition to boast about beating - especially since they have been weakened by losing several players who are against Mugabe's regime and to injury!

So - like their fastest bowler - Olonga and Flower - so given that they have no bowling attack, apart from Streak - is this any surprise?

At least Lara can do it against full-strength teams!! ;)

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

PS - we'll thrash Australia in the Rugby!! ;)

I see the Aussies are already calling Martin Johnson a cheat in preparation to bringing out all the excuses when they lose!! ;)

7. Yeah but rugby isnt an Australian sport... its a Sydney sport so they can do whatever they like. :p

:D:D

Merls

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    uh...

sox/cubs anyone? :confused: :D

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Fair point - if he hit 150 or 200 that is. But 380 is 380. I don't care if it was against suburban B12 grade side, it's still nothing to sneeze at, especially when it was hit at a strike rate that would be considered fast even in a one day match........

PS - England are my hot tip for the Rugby Yawnion World Cup. I'm not a big fan of "Cick & Clap", but even I've noticed that they're in great form.

10. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Gooooo Waaaaaaaaaalllabiiiiiiieeeeeeeessss!!!<BR><BR>Gooooooooo Weeeeeeeeeennnndelllll!!!<BR><BR>Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi! Oi! Oi!<BR><BR>C'mon Brucey! Bring on your pretty little Marty and his dirty, reaching, ruck-groping cohorts!! CAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMOOOOONNNNNN GEORGIE!!!!<BR><BR>Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, OI, OI, OI!!!!

11. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    :) Unharmed, you're such a yobbo!

12. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    <BR><BR>:D<BR><BR>Just got back from the Wales v Canada game. Wales took it easily but the Canadians didn't lay down and die at least. About to watch the England v Georgia game from Perth. I don't think there's going to be too much doubt about the outcome of that one :rolleyes:.

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Now C'mon is that any way for a Rugby Union fan to behave? Aren't you supposed to be a private school snob who wears a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches while you nibble water crackers with aged stilton.

14. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    <BR><BR><BR>:D<BR><BR><BR>Yeah, I know but I'm only a fairly recent convert I'm afraid. My in-laws are all mad rugby fans (my youngest brother-in-law is moving to Sydney next year to try and get a spot in the Super 12's) so I've only had 5-6 years of practice ;)