Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Criticise my new website!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    If anyone (or everyone ;) ) would check out the website I am putting together for my new project, and tell me their opinions, I would greatly appreciate it! :D

http://www.strangebloom.com

2. I like it.

Its got nice presentation, easy to navigate, nice colors. Its a little sparse, but that's to be expected I guess.

I really like the interact section, cool idea

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Looks great, easy navagation... the flower background is pretty pixelated... but doesn't look bad.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Praise God.

5. i like it. easy to get around and not complicated, but it isn't too simple and boring.
    i like the pixelated background. it gives it an out-of-focus artsy look;) :D

6. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Good job. Looks nice, and runs fast.

7. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Looks great. Well organized and to the point. I can't stand busy web sites that try to dazzle you with special effects. I go to a band web site to get info on the band not to have it make my socks roll up and down and sparks fly out my butt :D You get an A+ (Keep in mind I know nothing) A three piece band?? Yeah baby! :cool:

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks very much guys! :)

I have gotten quite a bit of helpful feedback, and I am really happy with it now.

You guys rock as always. :D

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

link? :D

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Praise:AAAA++++ WOULD NAVIGATE AGAIN!

11. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I'm biased towards sparse looking sites. I really like the pics page as they are 'action shots' instead of the obligitory posed shots clutching instruments in front of a brick wall deal that so many bands think look good.

BTW gigging in April?

12. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I really need to bring a friend with a camera to my shows. We have too few pix from too many good shows.

Maybe. We don't have any plans to play yet, as we are still finalizing some of our material and breaking in a new drummer. I would really dig playing out though, the sooner the better! ;)

13. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Looks ok, I think - but I'm really not a fan of that typeface.

14. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK

I'll PM you nearer April

15. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I kinda had the same idea, mainly due to the fact that a while back I had a buffoon on my msn list who always used that font, always in capitals, always abbreviated and pretty much always abusive (I figue they didnt like me :p )

The sites pretty nifty though, I 'tagged' yer tag board :D

16. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Ah, okay. :) You coming to Cali for a vacation?

17. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks! This is getting fun now. The band is coming together, the website is up. Now all I need to do is figure out what all those other strings below my "E" are for. ;) :D

18. Gabu, great site. I like the STRANGEBLOOM NEWS. Simple and to the point. Only suggestion I have is to put the bands name on the opening page along with the bloom. Might as well see the bands name while waiting for the rest of the site to load, even if it is only 5-10 seconds.

19. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks for the tip. I think I will try that against shortening the pause. *Game show host voice* Coming soon to a website near you! ;)

20. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks. My objective was to make it simple. I am very happy with it, but especially happy since my fellow TBers have enjoyed it so far. :) A few pounds, eh? Not a problem... (searching for my "Slim-Fast" bars)

:D