Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Critique me?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Sonic_Death, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Well after realizing that I have never really had a respected opinion of my playing, and having been playing for 2 years, I figured I'd record something to put out there.

So I have a bunch of short clips ranging from 30sec - 2 min with random stuff I've made up over time. So honestly, just say whatever you please. I know the quality is bad because I used a computer mic, so don't judge on that :) Just critique basically my playing(although I wasn't trying to be perfect), and what little composition there is. I don't know, say what you please.

http://www.putfile.com/sonic_death

2. Unless you are trying to play perfectly (meaning as well as you possibly can), it's hard to critique your playing. One thing I would suggest is that if you aren't doing it already, dedicate some practice time to playing with a metronome. You seem to be able to navigate the fretboard well enough, but some improved timing would make it all sound much better and more polished.

3. jjtsucka

jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
    +1 your timing needs work but you've only been playing 2 years so overall I'd say you are progressing pretty well