Critique me?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Sonic_Death, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Well after realizing that I have never really had a respected opinion of my playing, and having been playing for 2 years, I figured I'd record something to put out there.

So I have a bunch of short clips ranging from 30sec - 2 min with random stuff I've made up over time. So honestly, just say whatever you please. I know the quality is bad because I used a computer mic, so don't judge on that :) Just critique basically my playing(although I wasn't trying to be perfect), and what little composition there is. I don't know, say what you please.
  2. Unless you are trying to play perfectly (meaning as well as you possibly can), it's hard to critique your playing. One thing I would suggest is that if you aren't doing it already, dedicate some practice time to playing with a metronome. You seem to be able to navigate the fretboard well enough, but some improved timing would make it all sound much better and more polished.
  3. jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
    +1 your timing needs work but you've only been playing 2 years so overall I'd say you are progressing pretty well