1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

critique me

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ABH_bassist, Nov 29, 2006.

1. ABH_bassist

ABH_bassist

Feb 24, 2005
    jax beach fl.
    these are 1st mixes of what ive been doing for the last month or so with the band. im sure the music wont appeal to everyone, but im just asking for the goods and bads from people who have knowledge of music, mixing, anything.

i appreciate the comments and the criticism even more
    -matt

www.myspace.com/trainsfollowedus

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Really great songs. Catchy without being predictable, and wonderfully bass-laden. The bass gets a bit farty in "Anywhere But There" at parts, but sounds great on other parts of the song, so it's a fair compromise :D The only thing I'd add is that the ending of "A Home In My Head" fades out too abruptly, and the drums are busy enough in the end to make it sound like the song's going to kick back in but then doesn't. Besides those little things, you've got some really enjoyable tunes and great playing there.

3. ABH_bassist

ABH_bassist

Feb 24, 2005
    jax beach fl.
    awesome man thanks for the input.
    i agree about the fartiness in parts of that song.
    home in my heads ending has now been changed to a nice classic boom and everythings over.
    i appreciate it very much man