critique my basslines!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by thelastofus, Mar 2, 2006.

1. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    i'm heading into a professional studio for my first time ever and i start recording in a month and am trying to work out any bugs that i still have...

im pretty content with how my basslines turned out on most of the songs but i'm still trying to work everything out and especially would like to do something to the chorus of "vast"

2. middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    Listened to 'Vast'. A bit hard to hear excactly what you're playing (the details get somewhat lost in the mix), but it didn't sound like there were any 'gaps' in the bottom end of the soundscape. Sounded fine.I think you have the right approach for this kind of music.

And please read the sticky, 'etiquette of bumping' at the top of the page!
  3. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I think you're good to go. The lines sound well thought out and support whats going on well.

If it where me, I think I might try to follow the kick a little closer (or have the kick follow me a little closer) in the beginning if that first song.

The type of music you have going on lends itself really well to exploring lines from a melodic standpoint as opposed to the rhythmic direction you've taken.

I would have probably gone rhythmic as well but, there's a lot of space in your music. You have room.

I would have stolen something from Paul McCartney for that chorus you asked about.

All that's just the opinion you asked for. Whats going on now sounds good and works for the music. I'd be just as happy leaving it alone. It's good stuff.