Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

critique my purchase!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dags, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Dags

Dags

Jan 19, 2004
    I just bought a Schecter Stiletto Elite 4 neck-thru with modified electronics for an amazing price of $300 on ebay. All the information is available here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3713076244
    I found this auction 5 minutes before it was over and I bid at the very end, meeting the reserve price of $300.

I was really hoping for a Spector NS2000/4 but I was aware that the Schecter was very similar, just not as good in the electronics department from what I had heard. Well this bass has been modded and I assume improved in that department. Regardless I think this price is amazing.

2. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    As long as he did a good job on the mods, it looks like a fantastic deal. I've always been impressed with the Stilettos I've played.

So overall, looks like you made away like a bandit. Congrats!

3. Dags

Dags

Jan 19, 2004
    Any other input from anyone? How about the Bartolinis vs the EMGs?

4. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i recently played a Schecter S at GC with EMGs.

MAN! i'm not an EMG fan anymore, but that thing sounded FANTASTIC!!!!

BOTH Schecters i played were phenominal!!!!

great deal ya got!

f

5. I've never played a Schecter that I would even be willing to use as firewood. You asked for a critique. I have always been amazed that people even buy them. Maybe there are some good ones out there, I just haven't seen them. I can think of 10 things I would rather spend $300 on. Just being honest.

6. i own a schecter omen 5, and love it. welcome to the club.