critique my purchase!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dags, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Dags

Dags

Jan 19, 2004
    I just bought a Schecter Stiletto Elite 4 neck-thru with modified electronics for an amazing price of $300 on ebay. All the information is available here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3713076244
    I found this auction 5 minutes before it was over and I bid at the very end, meeting the reserve price of $300.

I was really hoping for a Spector NS2000/4 but I was aware that the Schecter was very similar, just not as good in the electronics department from what I had heard. Well this bass has been modded and I assume improved in that department. Regardless I think this price is amazing.

2. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    As long as he did a good job on the mods, it looks like a fantastic deal. I've always been impressed with the Stilettos I've played.

So overall, looks like you made away like a bandit. Congrats!

3. Dags

Dags

Jan 19, 2004
    Any other input from anyone? How about the Bartolinis vs the EMGs?

4. i recently played a Schecter S at GC with EMGs.

MAN! i'm not an EMG fan anymore, but that thing sounded FANTASTIC!!!!

BOTH Schecters i played were phenominal!!!!

great deal ya got!

f

5. I've never played a Schecter that I would even be willing to use as firewood. You asked for a critique. I have always been amazed that people even buy them. Maybe there are some good ones out there, I just haven't seen them. I can think of 10 things I would rather spend $300 on. Just being honest.

6. i own a schecter omen 5, and love it. welcome to the club.