1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Critique my recordings.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Depth_Charge, Nov 25, 2010.

1. I have put up a couple live tracks recorded with my band recently on myspace. The tracks are:

Long Train Running
    Stuck in the Middle With You

I wouldnt mind getting some feedback/advice on:

- My playing and tone
    - The quality of recording/mixing
    - The band in general.

My myspace address is in my signature. Thanks TB :)

2. Wow! Were they that bad? :D:D

3. osd

osd

Oct 11, 2010
    Sacramento
    Myspace isn't playing nice right now, can't get them to load. Will try later.

4. Disappear

Disappear

May 9, 2008
    I don't know what to make of phaser jam, so if you want me to, I will critique it but let alone for now.

Paranoid sounds solid. Singer can't really hit the notes but I don't think he's the main guy so letting it slide. I can't really hear anything bad, and it doesn't really blow me away because it is just paranoid. Drummer's fills kinda seem to hiccough the pace but otherwise, not bad.

5. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    Paranoid sounds good. On a side note, does ANYONE like what MySpace has done lately? It harkens back to the days of the dial-up modem as far as waiting for the page to load. Plus, it maxes out my CPU! YUK!

I'd PM a link to my '93 version of Paranoid, but It takes forever to load my own page!

X8

6. The singer on paranoid is the main singer. The drummer sings Long Train and Stuck in the Middle. Half the songs we do don't suit the vocals but we do em anyway coz the crowds beg and are drunk enough not to care.

The only reason I put paranoid on there was because we never planned the ending, it just happened that way :)

Phaser jam is something I threw together on GuitarPro after jamming the main riff on guitar at a jam session. I wasn't seeking feedback on it its not even a real recording as such. :D

7. Disappear

Disappear

May 9, 2008
    Okay, but I would consider getting a full-time vocalist instead.
    Solution: change to diff key.

8. Not my call to make (unfortunately).

The lead singer/guitarists likes the money a 3 piece gets and is quite happy playing dive bars in country towns where the people can either endure it or stay home :D

We change keys on a couple of tunes, but most are played in the original key half a step down (we tune Eb on most things).