Critique needed!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davidoc, Dec 30, 2001.

1. interesting piece! (in a good way)

there is something wrong with the sound on my music player so some of the things i'm going to mention may be down to that.

1. the singing was good and original but a bit too wierd

2. every now and then you would loose time with each other

3. the build ups could have been bigger

4. there seems to be a lack of energy in the playing

all in all a very good piece, just with a small few hickups, all of which could be worked on

and remember all of this is just MY OPINION, well done
  2. Thanks for the suggestions! Their greatly appreciated!
  3. Ummm, sounds like Joan Osborne "what if God was one of us?"...

Is there bass on this? I couldn't hear any in the mix. Seemed to drag a bit.
  4. ButtBass

Nov 14, 2001
    Timing is off alot IMO, Drumers fills especially. It does sound like that song "What if God was one of us", not necisarily good or bad. Builds could use work. Other then that, it had some parts I liked. With some tighning up and new singer(sorry if you are the singer) it would sound real good.
  5. Thanks for the advice!

We've talked to the drummer about the fills (he's caused the guitarist and I to get completely lost in other songs.

So lthe consenses is we need to lock in better? We'll try to fix that.

Ad, I thought I was audible. Maybe you mistook me for a backup guitarist?

Could you guys hear me alright?
  6. i couldnt hear you very well but i could tell that you were there. maybe if you tell your singer to make all the words audible instead of just the curse words, it would be better.:) other than that it was pretty much just what everyone else said. it definitly has potential.
  7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I must agree with most of the posts here.

I can´t understand what the singer is saying, the drummer is way off at times. Especially his fills and the way he exits his fills.
    I couldn´t hear the bass, it seems to get buried in the mix.
    And it´s a lot like "What if God was one of us" as others have stated here.

So lthe consenses is we need to lock in better? We'll try to fix that.

Well, first you have to get the drummer steady, when that´s done you have to lock in with the drums. The gee-tar and the singing is just the icing on the cake ;)

Don´t give up, keep working at it :)