1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Critique

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by zeroncali, May 10, 2010.

1. Hello, I have been playing for a little over a year and would just like to hear some opinions on my friend (guitar) and I (bass) on a song we have started. This is just recorded using a Rock Band microphone so the quality is sub-par. The song is also far from complete and not very long. Constructive criticism on both parts is appreciated.

Ska Punk Song Acoustic_Bass.mp3

2. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    For what it is... it sounds really good, Keep rocking!!!!

3. Only a bit over a year...really?

The only thing I could critique on your playing is that is a bit scalar feeling through some of it, yet even working scales into your playing at your level of experience is fantastic IMO.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes it really serves the song...like at :13, that feels really good there. I might have worked the walk down a bit differently rhythmically, but the front side of section is right on target.

You keep learning at that kind of rate and you'll end up being one hell of a player. :bassist:

.....Just some thoughts from a bass hack who wishes he's studied harder in his early playing days. :)

4. Yeah, I have been trying to work on not sounding so mechanical. I have come to the conclusion that it will come with time though.

How about my friend's playing (guitar)? I think he would appreciate some comments as well.

5. How about this one? I have very poor naming conventions so yea. It really isn't jazzy at all it is just kind of what it started as. Excuse the mistake at around 1:04, I was experimenting with recording using the headphone out on my amp plugging it into the microphone in on my computer. This resulted in me not being able to hear myself as I played. Any comments?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7628557843a6e074/