1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crock Pot Stew w/ soups

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by progrmr, Sep 27, 2008.

1. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Question - When cooking adding the ingredients I have condensed soup. Do I leave the soup condensed or dilute with water? The recipe does not specify and I really don't want to mess it up since it takes 9 hours to cook!

Any recommendations?

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    So long as the whole thing doesn't seize up in the crock pot from being too thick, you could start with just the condensed ingredients, and decide whether it needs to be diluted after it has had a chance to cook for a while.

There is no precision rule on exactly how thick a stew needs to be, so you could just be the judge.

3. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    uh oh...that could be trouble :)

4. mfgl

mfgl

Jul 1, 2008
    Altoona PA
    what soup does it call for? tomato?

5. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    tomato and celery

6. mfgl

mfgl

Jul 1, 2008
    Altoona PA
    if its not too late, i would add the water...there isnt water anywhere in the recipe? Is there any powdered spices in the recipe? My rule of thumb is add water to anything with dried seasonings in it. add a cup or two if it will fit, if its too soupy towards the end crack the lid a little. also in a crock pot dont fill it all the way up:) the stuff will expand:)