Cronkite had it all figured out...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michedelic, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

A little more on target than Kubrick.

2. viribus

viribus Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Well thank goodness 3D TV didn’t catch on. ;)

3. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    People today spend big bucks decorating their houses with midcentury modern furniture.

4. NG51

NG51 Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Oakland,CA
    Really interesting and thoughtful. Thanks for posting.

5. ElectroVibe

ElectroVibe

Mar 2, 2013
    This is 30 minutes. Is there any specific section? I'm not enough of a Cronkite fan to listen to the entire thing.

6. viribus

viribus Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Cronkite is just the host. He has nothing to do with the content presented by the futurists in the show.

7. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

The point really isn’t about Cronkite, who was like everybody’s uncle back then(it was just the headline hook), but about how visionary(or not)the forward thinkers were in those days. I find it fascinating how prescient they were with some of the points, and how much they might have missed the mark. That’s how science fiction sometimes turns into science fact. If you don’t know the past, you don’t know the future, and might possibly make the same mistakes and all that. What’s your beef with Cronkite anyway?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    The Owl, ElectroVibe and OldDog52 like this.
  8. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I grew up with the guy, love that cadence to his voice. There was only one Cronkite

DrMole and FilterFunk like this.
  9. ElectroVibe

ElectroVibe

Mar 2, 2013
    Nothing. Sorry, because I actually like him. I just thought there might be something specific in the video.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022