1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Crosley or Arosley?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by kpix, Oct 4, 2009.

1. kpix

kpix

Oct 4, 2009
    I am looking for an upright...a friend has one and I don't kow if it is a Crosley or Arosley?? It says one of the two and A 300....German made in the 1940's? Does anyone know anything about these and what it should be priced at? Thanks

2. kpix

kpix

Oct 4, 2009
    Wow......Anyone????????

3. kpix

kpix

Oct 4, 2009
    Has anyone on this board heard of a Crosley bass? I can't believe after 3 days no response....Am I spelling it wrong, or is it Arosley???

4. mjt0229

mjt0229 Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    How is it that your friend can't recall or can't tell whether it's a 'C' or an 'A'? They don't look the same, so even a smudged label shouldn't lead to that confusion. Moreover, a bass built in Germany in the 30's with a name like 'Crosley'? Really?

I dunno, I'm going to call it sketchy - not your friend, but the instrument.

If you want details, you should look yourself, or post some pictures, or take it to a luthier or your teacher. Also, need I mention that every bass is different, even if they came out of the same shop, one right after the other. So even if you figured out the maker, you'd only have an extremely general idea of what kind of beast it is.