Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crossing the line??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    ok, here's the story..

there are these 2 girls (that i was friends with)
    and they are the kind of girls that love you one day and hate you the next, so apparently they hate me now....

whatever, i don't care, i think its funny when people hate me because there is no reason to hate anyone(IMO).

so im in lunch yesterday, and it just so happens that i am friends with their friends, so im talking to them and i tell my friend austin how i think its funny when people hate me cuz i don't care at all

then the one girl comes up to me and goes "do you think this is (bleeping) funny?" and smears an open ketchup packet all over my shirt...

im like....hmm...ok.... so i go talk to the vice principle and i asked what usually happens in these situations....and he saed suspension...so im like ok lets talk about it more on monday

so now over the weekend she hears what i am trying to have done and now all of a sudden she is gonna say some story of how i sexually harrassed her (but yet i have a had a girlfriend for the last 6 months and have been 100% faithful to her)

keep in mind that these girls were literally my best friends monday-wednesday, they were always trying to hang out with me, and asking how i was doing... and now this..

so how do you think i could / should handle this accusation?

2. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    erm ....why did they suddenly hate you?!

dont get her suspended though, that'll only make you look like a pussy. It'll also give her and her friends more ammo to use against you in future encounters.

Revenge is sweet in petty situations such as this .....Public ridicule is the key. Dont retaliate aggressively though. Be clever, cool & witty, and get her good....

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    +1

dont get her suspended.

4. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    the suspension thing is not my idea, that's what the VP said, and unless i strongly convince him not to her her suspended, that's what he will do anyway

and if i recant the suspension, that will make ti seem like i am doing it just to cancel out the sexual harrassment, something im not guilty of

5. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    dude ....if i was you, i'd LET her go through with the sexual harrasment charges. I'd go as far as telling her "please do, i want you to, i beg you to" .........

She's only using it as a scare tactic. There's very little chance that she'd actually go through with it, and if she did, who cares?, you've done nothing. She will be the one that will end up looking like a lieing tool.

Take a mini tape recorder in your pocket, and con her into to talking about the fake accusation, if you get her voice on tape, the results will be gold.

I wish i was you right now, this chick sounds way too dumb and easy ....lemme at her:p

6. this is some high school bullCRAP, christ man how old are you guys? get some maturity. these events make me ashamed to be a teenager.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I wonder why you even went to the VP in the first place.

When I was a little punk that was the LAST thing we'd do when dealing with silly little rivalries.

:confused:

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    don't recant anything. suspend the pig, she totally deserves it, and then some. she needs to get a handle on the term "consequences" before her stupid childishness gets her in _real_ trouble.

9. dude, werent you accused of sexual harassment before? (or was that someone else on here?)

bad luck dude!

hope it all works out, and if it does, dont be around these types of girls anymore!

10. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    DeepDeath, its pointless stuff like this that made being young so fun

Dont "grow up" too fast, your only young once. No point trying to be all mature, there's plenty of time for that later in life.

I'd do anything to be back in highschool .....The countless chicks, partys, and good times are enough to bring a tear to my ear. They truly are the best years of your life, dont knock them or take them for granted

Life would be great if the only issue i had to deal with was "how do i retaliate against this little trollop"

11. dont suspend her...her boyfriend will beat you up:meh:

12. Biggest lesson in life!

Live without regret. Not meaning do not care about your actions but care about your consiquences.

13. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    I agree with JT. You've got the truth on your side. Let her do her worst. I believe it will backfire on her. You start running from people like this now and you may be running the rest of your life.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    oh boy, i sure miss high school......well, if they like you on mondays through wednesdays, you got nothin to worry about till thursday when they get mad at you again....

BTW....i love the thread title...sounds so "Current Affair"-ish.....but, who crossed what line anyway?

-Mike

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Eh, you don't need those kinds of friends. I was also wondering about the same thing Defeldus asked, I seem to recall the same. Funny thing is, when you are "friends" with a girl, a joke that was funny then, could turn into some bad revenge. What are the rules on this in general public life anyway? My friends and I frequently flirt with women, trying to talk them out of their shirts, etc....most of which we don't even know, but has always been taken in good fun.

16. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    me- (basically) 17
    her- 14

and thanks for the advice:rolleyes:

one of the lunch aides saw the whole thing happen.... but i knew that the VP wasn't going to be able to do anything that day (he was in meetings until teh end of the school day)... so i passed by him after school... not purposely, i just walked to where i was going... so i just let him be aware of the situation

no that was me, at my old job, i don't feel like going through all the details.. but the girl did it so her reputation wouldn't be ruined... as it so happens i told everyone what really happened and her reputation there was ruined anyway, and she quit

and this girl knew about the incident at my work... which another reason why is she doing it... like saying hey he was accused of this before...so he did it again

17. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    If it really happened like you are reporting it, then be honest. She deserves what she gets... and if she is smart, she'll learn from it.

If sexual harrasment charges follow you wherever you go, maybe you should examine your own conduct.

18. Don't high school suck sometimes?

People make me angry.

19. Clay, I am surprised you did not solve this problem with these girls youself already. The answer is simple. Kill them.

20. I like the way you think:cool: ;)