Crossover or Not?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by G Aichele, Oct 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I play bass guitar in a small band and I'm also the band's "sound guy." (Not a good combination, I know.) So far I've run my bass into one channel of our (Crown) power amp, then to my 2 bass speakers (Eden EX112), and a line from a mixer to the other channel and then to our PA speaker (Yorkville Y115). This has worked well, but I can't really mix the entire band well, since the bass is not in the mix. I'm thinking of running the bass into the mixer as well, and using the Crown's crossover between the 2 channels, but keeping the 2 Edens to use as subs. Will this work? What problems will we have? Where should I set the crossover point? (The only other instrument playing bass clef notes will be a guitar.)

I realize I'll still have to set the volume levels on each channel separately. Thanks for any advice.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021