Crowd pleasing entertainment help please...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Apr 24, 2005.

1. so I need to freak out for the talent show and maintain playing. Any tips on what gets the audience pumping?
  2. It's a talent show, don't worry about it.

Oh, and remember, no matter what, you're not funny.
  3. Guitar flips are always good. They make people win BOTB's just because the crowds go nuts if the whole band pauses and you stand up front then you go into a sweet part of the song.
  4. play covers off tv shows and stuff everyone knows, that gets attention
  5. You could always go on stage naked, that'd get some attention...
  6. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)

I used to do such a thing with the theme song from "Get Smart" and the one from "The A Team" (classic!). It worked nice as popular entertainment.

7. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    Move your bass to the side, pull down your pants, and show them your junk. That''ll be a talent show act that nobody will ever forget :p
  8. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    And then you can head over to my "Have you played your bass naked" poll and vote yes
  9. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    get some beat up crappy guitars/bass' and go to town on stage.
  10. Well, it IS a 'talent show', so just show your talent. Don't be boring, but don't be a jackass either.
  11. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Breathe fire and spit blood. Then form a human pyramid with the whole band while riding a tiny bicycle. Kind of a cross between KISS and the Peking Circus.
  12. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If it's a talent show, it doesn't matter what you play. Bands almost never win, it's always the piano player.
  13. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Until some kid walks in and plays the accordion real fast...