Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crown CSL 460, BBE 383 Pre, SKB 6 space

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by 4Mal, Apr 22, 2003.

1. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Small gig worty rack setup with 1 open space. Crown is 455 8 ohm mono, will run at 4 ohm about the same power. 225 or so per side into 8. Specs available at Crown's site. Decent sounding amp. I'll include a banana to 1/4" cable (6 to 10 feet I don't remember which and I'm roadin' it this week)

The amp has a fan and as my practice space is also my personal studio, this setup doesn't fit for me and while I could remote the amp, it's too much bother.

BBE 383 is bass specific, single space preamp. 5 band eq, single knob compressor, aural enhancer (bbe process) and x-over. Really a decent pre-amp for the money.

Amps ears are abused but work fine. The rack has one loose catch but also works fine. The BBE is just about perfect cosmetically, also works fine.

I ran this setup full range into a pair of 15's and it get's loud 'n' punchy. I also biamped with a 1x15 and a 2x10 loaner cab (workingman's 210T) not bad at all, but the workingman's wasn't the tone I was looking for.

$425 shipped
    or less the pre for $325 shipped
    Amp, Pre & Rack $350 - you pay the freight!

Amp & Rack - $250 - you pay the freight !

Try me on the trade ? Plus reasonable money on B2R or GK 7000 or ??? Amp & rack across for GK 400 RB plus a bit for RB III ! Hey Brendan, you're gonna need PA gear when you're out of the woodshed!

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
  3. Are you selling the skb rack seperately?

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Not unless the amp sells w/o the rack.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    $350 plus freight

6. What is the model # on the crown? How old is all of this stuff?

BT

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    1 easy 1 tough ...
    The Crown is a CSL 460. As for the age. I got it used from another TB'er. The Pre cam from a TDPRI'er with a studio in Idaho. It all works fine. The pre is in great shape, the amp show's some wear, but nothing excessive. It really is a good sounding rig. Just not appropriate for my relatively low-volume studio. I'm headed back towards a smaller integrated setup.

Thx, Mal

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    no longer available. thanks for playing!

Mal