Crown K1 / K2 fans, right?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mgmadian, Jun 12, 2002.

1. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hi All:

I've got a QSC power amp that I like except for the fact that the fan noise proves to be a problem in the studio and in quieter practice/gig situations.

I noticed that the Crown K1 and K2 power amps are designed to "run cooler" and as such do not have fans in to them.

Any of you guys using one of these amps, or a similar fan-less model? If so, howz it sound and perform? Do you find the unit getting hot? With the QSC, I find that I don't need to leave a free space in my rack since it runs cool to the touch, but I'm wondering if that would be the case with Crowns, as well.

Dec 29, 2001
    Warsaw, New York

My K2 has fully met all expectations.

It runs warm to the touch (this is normal) and Crown recommends one empty rack space above.
  3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    You are correct that the K series amps don't have fans, so they don't have the mechanical noise that the PLX amps have, but they do have significantly higher electrical noise. It's a matter of which is more important to you.
  4. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Oooh.... nice! :D