Crown macrotech 2400 V. QSC plx 3002 HIGHS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimmyjames77, Mar 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jimmyjames77

jimmyjames77 Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Just West of Chicago
    In the past a lot of people have written about how the crown amps macro tech line have the girth and authority above most other amps. I had the chance to a-b the crown to the qsc and to my ears, which could very well be wrong, the crown had a clearer high end presence. I realize this might be a small sect of people that have heard both side by side but is this true?
    I'm looking to maybe pickup a crest prolite 2.0 or 3 0. My apprehension having heard the qsc, which has a great rep, is that the crest prolite amps won't stack up in the treble department. Let alone the "thick bass" department. Are the QSCs known to be dark? I know little about this subject and this may come across rambling.
    Opinions? Thoughts? Hopes and dreams?
    Thanks guys.
    Jim.

2. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    The Crest Prolites are great amps. They have plenty of clear detailed highs. There does seem to be something a little clearer with my Crest and Crown amps (7001,CA6, Prolite 2.0, D75A) versus Carvin DCML's and QSC GX's despite matching gains and frequency response. To be fair though, I'm not sure if a difference would be heard in a blind test. Very slight difference in "Air" and "Space".

The Prolites deliver all the thickness you could want if you have the right amount of speakers and power for the job. I'm running a Presonus RC500 channel strip into mine. Gave me tones out of a throw together cab I didn't think were possible. Fun stuff. Fans are pretty quiet as well.

jimmyjames77 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022