Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Crown XLS602

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by softscrubmonkey, Aug 13, 2005.

1. softscrubmonkey

softscrubmonkey

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis
    Im looking for a decent low priced power amp. i know there has been a billion threads on these, but after searching and searching, i could not find a good solid review of the crown xls602. i can get it new for a good price, and was just wondering if its worth the money. ill be running a ampeg svt 410 HLF at 4 ohms. or possible in the future two avatar 8ohms cabs (bridged mono?) my budget its around 350, could go to 400 if neccessary to get a quality amp.

i looked at qsc rmx series, i hear they are good quality but the 1850HD seems to be a bit out of my price range, and i would prefer more power than the 1450, but would it be bettre to shed the power and opt for the rmx 1450 instead of the crown?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Go for it!! You'll like the XLS602. I have owned a few XLS series amps from Crown. I liked them all. They are pretty much the bottom of Crowns line, so you don't get some of the nice features on the spendier XS or CE series. Despite that, they are workhorse power amps that sound good, and kick out seriously loud power.

Another great feature is the three year no-fault warranty. I spoke with my local Crown rep to verify how it works, and he told me I could drop it out a window the day before the warranty expires, and I would get it repaired or replaced free of charge.

-Mike

3. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    we have the XLS602's powering our JBL FOH speakers in our church...

it's now been over one and a half years since we got 'em, and i have to say we've had NO problems with them...period! this is even tho we have a fairly amateur sound guy, who has a tendency to blow amps :)
    from our church experience, they're rock solid amps, got a nice sound and i reckon they'll last forever

4. softscrubmonkey

softscrubmonkey

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis
    thanks alot. i was timid about this amp as seeing other reviews on it, but i am reassured and i think ill probably go for it. thanks again

5. Monomer

Monomer

Jul 22, 2005
    I ran an xls602 @ 2 ohms bridged mono. Didnt even heat up (was forced cooled also)

it was driving 4 15inch speakers @ 2ohms for about 6 hours. At full blast even.

didnt even sweat.