Crowning frets

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by ArtisFallen, Feb 14, 2005.

1. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    is there a way to re-crown frets after leveling them without spending 50 bucks on a new tool i'll probably use... not particularly often?

just wondering, cause i was trying to spot level some of my frets to get rid of my crazy high action/ realy bad fret buzzing, and the problem's sort of less now, but the leveled frets sound really dull and like crap cause the crown is gone.

pointers anyone?
  2. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    I assume the silence means there is no other way... bummer
  3. teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    I'm afraid it's one of those instances that you have to have the right tool to do the job correctly.

4. Teacher beat me to the punch but his observation is absolutely right on.
  5. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    two days, man not two hours. the post was on the bottom of the second page. i'm not that impatient, give credit where it's due.

please don't flame me :meh: . I know how these forums work. often people don't look back more than two pages. I'll ocasionally do that if i'm following a topic of interest that i didn't finish, but not just for kicks.

EDIT: I forgot to add content...

thanks for at least telling me what's going on. i guess i'll have to crak open the safe and shell out the cash.
  6. sculper A/D

sculper A/D

Feb 16, 2005
    thank goodness for hambone or I wouldnt know how forums work. :meh:
  7. My apologies, you are right. :oops:

Your first post must've gone to the second page at light speed - I never saw it.