Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cruise gig pictures.... fun gig!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Aug 17, 2002.

1. :eek:

ok, now to see the unmighty infamous bimp doing the unmentionable bass thing.

1st... setting up.

2nd... shake the moneymaker.

3rd... step up on the sub like i'm the man (not!!!)

2. Where was the cruise, and where was it headed? More importantly, though, did you guys have fun?...and if not...hopefully you guys recieved a good chunk o' the cashish...

-Dave

3. cruise was on lake coeur d' alene in north idaho. they tie two party boats together (the 'mish an nock' and 'the coeur d' alene' were the names of the boats) and anchors away....

holy shiiiite, did we have fun? daaaayummmm !!!good:

friendly girls
    cute friendly girls
    cute, friendly, touchy feely girls
    625 people who wanted to party and shake it

bad:

not enough time to setup, we need 2 hrs for our setup and soundcheck, we only got 1 hr.

money? about $100 / hr for each of us. good money in my book.

b

4. Yeah, i think that your cruise gig officially beats minumum wage. Isn't it great to get paid for something you love?

-Davis

5. :D

yep, it's what i live for.

and so is this...

6. A family man too? Life must be sweet!

...I think I need to stop coming back here and posting more comments...

-Daverooni

7. i would like to thank my dear wife for putting up with a musician, coming to the gig, and for taking some nice pictures.

:)

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    So do your wife and the touchy feely cute girls get along well?;)

9. Congratulation's on the gig and especially the baby, there blooming here in my street at the moment. Well done again.

10. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Life is good for the bimp! Great family and great gigs:cool:
    Looks like a awesome gig, Is that a regular thing?
    I could get very used to that:)

11. Hey good on ya!

Nice bass too i must add.

:D:D

Merls

12. :oops:

she doesn't care, she knows that i'll spend the rest of my life chasing her before i'd let any of the others catch me!!!!

;)

13. it happens once per year. the guitar player did this gig once before in his old band.....

this is my first one. let me tell you, it feels kinda cool to do something like 'brick house' or 'play that funky music whiteboy' and see the dance floor packed and everyone smiling.

i kinda dig it.

14. Nice bass too i must add. (quote)

go to 'musicyo.com'

it is an imported cheapie tobias, but it sounds

big funky fat

and everyone seems to love it's tone and sexy wood. it compensates for what i lack...

:oops:

15. Bimp i agree i tried one out and i actually sounded good i just had to have it. :D

16. i've played many basses that cost 5 to 10 times the cash and went

****eh*****

i picked it up, i played it, for the first time in my life i heard the tone i've always wanted....

well, there are others i like:

warwick corvette fretless
    pedulla thunderbass
    musicman stingray

but this was the easiest to afford and the tone makes me cry it's so good.

b

17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    hey man, nice pics...

just an observation: why you choose that username? (Bimplizkit)... i cant seem too associate that and these pictures... :)

anyways, that seems like a nice gig!