1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cry Baby 105q

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassmike62, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph provider

G'day,

Opened it up today, just to have a peek. Looks like there are 3 adjustable trimpots in there:

2 round white ones in the top right corner
    1 round white one a little left of the middle in the bottom part of the picture.

Searched a few threads, but haven't found anything on their use. Any clue ?

Also, the lit and web page don't mention mA draw. Does someone how many mA this thing eats ?

Thx.

2. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Inactive

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    The trimmer at the bottom adjusts the delay time between you taking your foot off the wah and the wah shifting to bypass. The top two are not meant to be adjusted.

As far as mA draw it's not high, I can tell you that.

3. Bassmike62

Thx.

Continued searching even after posting the thread. By entering "internal adjustments" in the search engine (as opposed to pedal name and variations), just found out what you said. Seems the 2 smaller ones at the top are voltage related. Explains why one of'em has some kind of glue drop on it.

Great pedal, should have bougth this a long time ago. Tried a Morley (dual ?) Bass wah last year and hated it, but this thing works for me.

4. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Inactive

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    Yeah, I've owned a couple of the Morleys. I hated them too. I like the Dunlop much better, but I like my custom bass wah from Wilson Effects even better.

5. Bassmike62

Been reading a lot of good comments on the Wilson wahs. Looked for one in my area, would've loved to give one a shot.

But I'm a-gonna really like the 105Q... I get the same vibe playing it that with the SansAmp PBDDI... here to stay, I guess, contrary to my other pedals...oh well.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021