Cry baby only works with a battery.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Captain Chaos, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Does anybody have a clue how can I fix this problem? it is driving me crazy.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Probably a loose wire. Open, check all the solder joints with the DC jack, the battery, etc. Look for any joints that are pale/cloudy, cracked, etc.

3. makes me wonder ...off topic-a dude i know customized his power supply for cry baby to 8,4 v. he says he likes the sound of "old battery" on his wah,rather then,as he described,"clicaty-clack" of the constant 9v power supply....go figure...

4. ex-tension

ex-tension

Jun 11, 2009
    I don't know the circuit. But if there is a polarity protection diode and if it's blown you can have this problem. If it's the case replacing the diode will fix the problem.

5. so,....it said it use dunlop ac adaptor but it's power supply need 9v dc,...so what should i do,..it so hard to find dunlop adaptor so i am planning to do custom adaptor,...what kind of adaptor that i should make,...dc adaptor or ac ?

6. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    It could be your supply is the wrong polarity.

7. so it should be ac adaptor or dc adaptor 9v ?

8. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    I’m away from my sources, can’t tell you. Just raising the possibility.

9. tell me after you near away if you dont hesitate because i guess i wanna make a custom adaptor for this wah pedal

10. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    I have an Ibanez pedal that only works on AC, the battery doesn't work.
    I like the pedal, so I adapt.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021