1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cry! I almost Died!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stoned Bass, Apr 11, 2006.

1. My Beloved brother aged 33 just sold my first Bass( Im now on number 4) without my consent! He said it was just junkin up my old room at our parents house, Ive only just moved out about a month ago aged 21 and was planning on moving it when I had got some storage. I still play it now and then, but he doesn't get how important and sentimental it was to me, I doubt I will ever forgive him. I even attempted to get it back but he sold it on ebay, even ripped all my stickers and junk off it. Hay he didn't even give me the measley £150 it made.
    Just wanted to know if anyone had a similar experiance, it might assist me in my grief.:crying: :help: :bawl: :spit: :scowl: :oops:

2. Giel

Giel

Sep 9, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Oh boy that does suck.. If I were you I'dd kick the sh*t out of him.. But I propably shouldn't support violence or something..
    My mom once asked If I wanted a pizza, and I said: yeah sure I want pizza, but only when it's a big american pizza whit corn and paprika, (those are the best) So she said: Ok, but what if they dont have those, can I buy another one and put some corn out of a can on it?
    So I said: No thanks, that will NOT ben that tasty..
    So when she called me for dinner, she DID get the other pizza and put corn out of a can on it.. And it wasn't good..

I guess that doesn't make sence, but it did suck, although what happened to you sucked much more..
    Hmm.. When your brother is a guitar player, steal his guitar and put it on ebay..

3. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Does your 33 year old brother still live at home with your parents? If so, then his life is bad enough as is, let him wallow.

The best revenge is living well.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It's a piece of wood. Hardly worth nearly dying over, or holding a grudge for the rest of your life against your own brother.

-Mike

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Any chance of buying it back?

6. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

-Old Klingon Proverb

But, yes, that's totally low/wrong/unethical/cowardly/dickless/craptastic/pathetic/etc on his part... especially if he pocketed the cash. Mostly, I'm with Jive on this one, living well is a damn good revenge. The more you're hurt by it (that he sees) the more he wins... I'd play it cool, take the moral highground, and wait for the right moment :ninja:

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Mike, I'm officially naming you Dr. Phil of TalkBass.

[​IMG]

8. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Hmmm.....this could be a bad thing. A lot of people despise him. But, in the meantime, today is a good day to get real people! :D

-Mike

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    If your older Brother's claim was to just get the Bass out of your parents house because he felt it was junking up the house and He took the time to take the stickers off of it etc. then take the time to sell it on E-bay and pocket the money,that's wrong sounds to me like he had a different reason/motive for selling the Bass.If his motive(s)was valid then he should have taken out his E-bay expenses and given you the money that was left over.how did you find out he sold it?did he tell you voluntarily or did he tell you what he had done once you realized that your Bass was gone?

no matter what,the bottom line is that your older Brother was and still is wrong for doing what he's done(what he did was very disrespectful).

10. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    I dunno, man, some siblings aren't worth the lumber that's in their heads... my witty, intelligent, and beautiful girlfriend has the two biggest wastes of space for brothers, and she'll be the first to admit to it (though, understandably, she tries to steer clear of talking about her family). I've learned to refrain from assuming that love and respect is a given or possibility in every family.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I sold my first bass, but i recently bought it back a few years later :p

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I am glad you are not dead.:)

13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Mike

you speak very wise words

14. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Hey, I'm all about keepin it real!

15. What he did was not only morally wrong, uncool, etc., but it was also stealing.

16. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Thank you clay.

-Mike

17. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    What I wanna know is if the guy was 33 and still living with the parents.

18. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    When I was a little girl, I was a tomboy. I loved cars, man. LOVED cars! I had a huge collection of Matchbox and Hot Wheels that I bought with allowance money. I even built a display box for them.

When I left home, I told Mom..."Don't sell those! I will be back for them! They are in their box, on the top shelf of the closet. I will come get them within six months!" You know, I figured that would be enough time to get an apartment on my own and find a place to keep them.

There were limited edition cars in there. Some of which are *very* valuable, now.

Three months after I moved, she sold every last one of them. For a dime, each.

AAAAGGGHHHH!!! Some of them were so rare, I could pay for a semester of college for one of my kids from selling just one car!!!

Your brother is being a perfect ass. He should a) have asked your permission, and b) given you the money.

Tell him that a beautiful bass chick in Texas thinks he is a mean, low-down, dirty coyote-dog cur, and that if he was here, I'm stomp a mudhole in 'im. ;-)

Well, we can lie and say I'm beautiful! He doesn't have to know I'm a 43 y.o. mama! ;-)

Cherie

19. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Stealing stuff and selling it on ebay for quick cash,... I dunno man, sounds like your brother might have gambling or drug problems. Maybe he actually needs more help than you.
    I hope I don't come off as an idiot saying this.