Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

crybaby 105Q mods

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderx55, Jan 16, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    hey, i'm trying to get rid of the cut off delay on my 105Q, i found so instructions on a review in Harmony-central, but after opening the sucker up i realized that the dude skipped a couple of steps of disassembly. Anyone know how to get the PCB panel out of the housing? You would think it was easy, but the eq and volume knobs are in the way. Any thoughts? Normally i'd just be like f this, but now i'm on a mission lol :ninja:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I don't have one in front of me, but I've torn apart a few of them. First of all, you need to take all the bushings out from the input and output jacks. Stick your fingers or a socket in there and undo them. They're 66% of what holds the PCB in there. Then I believe there is one small screw holding the PCB to the chassis, acting as a ground as well. Whatever you do, don't lose this screw.

Good luck.

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    yeah, i got that far, but the tone and volume knobs are preventing it from coming free, on top of that, im not sure if i could resolder the ribbon connecting the potentiometer to the pcb...