crybaby bass wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by p0w3rman5ooo, May 14, 2001.

1. nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    I have a Crybaby bass wah, I like it, but Ive heard there are better ones. (Snarling Dogs, Morley, etc.)
  2. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I just picked up a Snarling Dogs Wah. I posted a seperate thread about it too (yippee!!).
  3. i recentley went on a bass wah search and i tried both the jim dunlop crybaby bass wah and the snarling dogs and i loved them both it was a tough choice to make but after going into the music shop everyday for about 2 weeks and playing them i eventually chose the crybaby bass wah because it more suited my type of playing but i would be happy with either one basically , so i say good choice.
  4. p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    whats the sound difference between the crybaby and snarling dogs?
  5. I bought a crybaby wah 105Q. Best wah ever. I haven't been able to play the snarling dogs one, but I have heard that they are not as good. I'm kinda anoyed though, cause I don't always have a use for a bass wah in the stuff I play. I make a use for it though.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is: If you want a bass wah, the Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Bass Wah 105Q is the best there is.
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Another vote for the 105Q here! It's the only one I've heard that actually works like a way, and not some strange wah like thing. It's volume is adjustable and the "Q". or effect level, is also adjustable.
  7. rubber chicken

rubber chicken Guest

Apr 7, 2001
    how much do these pedals cost? i have been looking at bass wah pedals and the cheapest i found the dunlop crybaby bass wah for is $180 which i am not too willing to pay.

P.S. why is the dunlop bass crybaby so much more expensive than the guitar model?

8. Um.....the Crybaby 105Q sells for like $100 at Musicians Friend......
  9. 1N1is111

May 9, 2001
    What do you people think of the DigiTech Whammy pedal? I know a lot of bass players use it.