Crybaby Bass Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by morty25, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Hey, im thinking of getting the crybaby bass wah but i dont know if there any good or what there like to use. could someone please help

thanks morty :p

2. I have the same one except mine's all black. It's a very nice pedal. Heavy duty, built to last. You probably know it takes a 9V. They're fun to use. If it's the same as mine then you push the front down to make it "wah", pull back to normal, and there's a button on the front, under the pedal that you can push with the pedal to turn everything off.
  3. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    If I understand correctly there are signficant differences between the black and white models. The white one is known as the 105Q and has volume and depth controls on the side of the pedal. It is springloaded into the "up" position until you press down on it to actuate it. In this position the effect is bypassed. That is the pedal that I own. As I understand it the black pedal works more like a conventional crybaby. I don't have much experience with the standard bass crybaby but I would highly recommend the 105Q as a great pedal for bass. All this comes from a (former) Dunlop hater too.
  4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I have that model shown. It's great. I use it all the time. You have to be careful about the volume control. It really can boost and it can just come out of nowhere. Be sure to balance it with the bypassed volume if you don't want to blast the sweep when you step on it.
  5. the 105q is the best bass wah I ever played thru..I've owned others and they all seem to have the same thing in common,they suck all the low end from your signal.the 105q does'nt,it maintains the low end very well.the "Q" and volume controlls on the bottom of the unit might be the best features on the pedal(I had my guitar player plug into it and it sounded better than his morley bad horsie wah)..solid construction,awsome sound...worth every cant go wrong..