1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

crybaby mods

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Georg F., Oct 28, 2002.

  1. Georg F.

    Georg F.

    Oct 12, 2002
    Vienna, Austria
    i play both bass and guitar, so i'd like to mod my gcb95 to play with bass too (switchable).
    is this possible? with how much cost/effort?

    i will have to change the modifying pot (or is it a cap??) anyway, cause it's rather scratchy.

    maybe i'll do the bypass mod too...

    or is it then easier (or cheaper) to get a true-bypass guitar and bass wah?

    thanks for input, enjoy your day!
    ciao, georg.
  2. Turock

    Turock Supporting Member

    Apr 30, 2000
    You're not supposed to publicly critize the mods around here.
  3. Georg F.

    Georg F.

    Oct 12, 2002
    Vienna, Austria
    :eek: it seems there is some misunderstanding - my thread wasn't about criticizing anyone or anything.
    i have a guitar wah and i want to play bass through it (and the turning thing under the pedal has gone bad, so i want to change that).

    note that english is not my first lenguage, so maybe i expressed myself wrong. i didn't want to offend anyone and i don't know what offended you in my comment :confused:

    enjoy your time (playing bass? ;)
    ciao, georg.
  4. Georg, he was kidding (I hope).
  5. Georg F.

    Georg F.

    Oct 12, 2002
    Vienna, Austria
    :rolleyes: the first joke that i didn't get on this site.

    hm, any coments now on modifying the crybaby? :)
  6. Turock

    Turock Supporting Member

    Apr 30, 2000
    I'm sorry man; I was just joking around with ya.
  7. ldiezman


    Jul 11, 2001
    Georg.. i don't know if moding it will be worth your time and money.. You wold probably be better off buying a bass wah pedal..
  8. mikeboth

    mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

    Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Firstly, read this article here:

    What you need to do is identify the cap that is the main determiner of the wah central frequency. Then you could hook up a switch to toggle between the 'stock' value for guitar and the alternate value for bass. As mods go, this is quite simple and cheap - as long as you value your time at close to $0 per hour, or you really want to DIY.


Share This Page