crybaby pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by apparatus, Feb 10, 2004.

1. I'm considering buying a wah-wah pedal, and I've noticed that the 105Q Bass model is almost twice as expensive as the original GCB-95. Is the difference in sound huge, from a bass player's point of view? Does the GCB-95 make you lose a lot of bottom? And the other way around, is the 105Q good for guitar frequencies? I'd probably be using the pedal for a guitar too sometimes, but bass is my main instrument so that's what I'm more concerned about.
  2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Any non bass specific dunlop wah will make you lose a lot of low end, and I have used the 2 bass models on guitar and they soind fantastic - way more sweep and almost synthy...

3. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Love my 105q. Sounds way better than any other wah i've tried. Non bass crybabies take the "balls" out of your bass.
  4. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    What if you bought a bassballs to compensate? :D
  5. Ha ha, looks like I got here on time.
    3 days ago I part exchanged my 105Q for a Bass Balls, I did this mostly because I had the wah for 2 years and I wasn't doing it justice, I would use it for about 10 minutes in a 2 hour set :rolleyes:

The 105Q has tone and volume pots plus auto on/off, hence the increase in price. The regular bass wah has none of these features, you just click it on and hope the sound/level will be OK.

Even though I rarely used it live, I would recommend this pedal, it can produce HUGE amounts of lows with the tone pot and the volume control helps for either soloing or to get a subtle effect. I used this on guitar several time too and had no problems :)

Hope that helped :bassist: