Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

crybaby vs. tech21 wailer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mangle, Dec 9, 2002.

1. mangle

mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    do u know anything about this effects? a friend of mine offer me both at the same price... wich one do u prefer and why? the differences, pro & cons?

thank u all

2. which cry baby are you talking about?? the Dunlop 105Q,or the ten bazillion other ones out there? if your talking about the 105Q,I can say that is the best wah I ever used on bass,but I hav'nt tried the killer whail wah...I would love to try one.Tech21 makes some quality stuff.two modes of wah to choose from,and that BIG CHROME BOX sure is pretty..looks durable...wait I have an idea,go try both and let US know what YOU think..I would like a review(from a bass player) on that pedal....

3. biergott

biergott DuBistEineKartoffelnsalad kopf

Feb 7, 2002
    Orange County, Ca
    I have the Dunlop Crybaby bass wah. It is a white pedal, and automatically turns on when you step on it (push forward). It automatically shuts off when you release it (it is spring loaded and will back all the way off). While this takes some getting used to (not backing the pedal all the way off if you are sustaining a note.) I love it and have never found another pedal that I like better. It has adjustable vowel sounds and volume via pots underneath the pedal (impossible while on the fly)

I don't recall the model number, but I have used it heavily for a couple years and it is still going strong...

Hope that helps.

4. nirvanaman

nirvanaman

Dec 8, 2002
    Could I use guitar wah or do I need bass wah?

5. try'em all.....what sounds good to me or anyone else may not sound good to you,but most "guitar" wah's do suck out a lot of low end. thats why a lot of people here like the 105Q(the white one :) ),but I would try every one you can get your hands on..BTW,the tech 21 looks looks nice...I think I said that already........:)

6. mangle

mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    well...I tried the tech 21....with a lakland skyline 55-01 , a gk backline and a no name 2x12...it sounded kind of too thin for me...and when I turn it on, my tone loss a lot of low end and volume...I ll try it with other rig soon

btw, the crybaby my friend offered to me, wasn t the white one...it was a black one, with 6-position switch..... for the price, I m thinking about the white dunlop (bass wha only for bass, isn t it?)
    ...don t know yet! I will keep trying ;)

thank u all