Cryptopsy - None So Live

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, May 5, 2003.

1. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Just got this one on the weekend.

Great stuff! I'd have to rate the album versions of the songs as slightly better overall, but this is a very good mix for a metal live album. You can hear Eric Langlois quite well even through Cryptopsy's monstrous wall of sound.

Two more thumbs-up reasons - new vocalist Martin Lacroix and the fact that they put most of my favourite songs on there.

Another reason: Flo Mounier's sick, sick drum solo. The man is incredible - I'd say he's like a machine but he wouldn't appreciate that, so I'll just say superhuman!

DISCLAIMER: Unless you speak French, you probably won't understand the between-songs banter.

TJ's other album purchases this weekend, for those that care:

Dream Theater - Awake: My first DT album. IMHO it's ok, but I suppose I was expecting a bit more technical wizardry than I got. Some really good tunes though.

Eminem - The Eminem Show: Okay, so I like this album. Shut up. :p
  2. I saw Cryptopsy live a couple of times, it was maybe 6-8 years ago. I didn't know their music very well and I still don't, but the second time I saw them, they really impressed me. They were very tight and extremely heavy sounding. By the way, are Suffocation still doing something?
  3. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Not to my knowledge, but I've been out of the metal loop for a couple of years...

Where in Quebec you at man?
  4. Ditto.

Near Sherbrooke.

I don't remember the name of the guy who played bass on "Pierced From Within" and "Despise The Sun", but he was a f*ckin' awesome bassist! I remember standing in utter admiration just two feet in front of him at a show in Rimouski!

5. Coypu

Coypu Banned

Feb 24, 2003
    Chris Richards, he also played on breeding the spawn. He is one of my favorite bassplayers, too bad he isn't in the suffocation reunion.
  6. That's it, Chris Richards. I wonder what he's doing now. What a killer bass player! Better than Alex Webster!?!? :eek: :confused: