Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CSI!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, May 10, 2005.

1. It's wrapping up in the US (I think), which sucks. We've still got a few episodes to go in Aus, but not many. I don't want the series to end.

Anyone here on TB watch CSI too? I'm talking mainly the Las Vegas series, the other ones don't really do much for me.

2. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Yeah, the vegas one is the only tolerable one, and it is pretty cool. Except the main guy, Grissom or whatever, strikes me as a major-league wang who thinks he is a WAY better actor than he really is. His constant intellectual posturing really annoys me.

3. I just like it, coz they use music from The Who :)

4. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    As with most shows, the original is the best. CSI, Law & Order...

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Yeah, I dig CSI. I liked the plot simplicity of the earlier seasons though. The plots are getting a little too "inside-baseball" these days with the attempt at ever-more in-depth character developement.
    I mean they are just TV episodes, but less is more.

6. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i love CSI.
    especially the INTELLIGENT bdsm storyline.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I watch it mainly to drool over Marge Helgenberger.

8. bdsm story line?? am i missing somthing?

9. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    it was only for a few episodes. where grissom had the thing with the bdsm club owner. until she was like, arrested or something boring.
    they dicussed bdsm in terms of literature and philosophy :hyper:

10. lol, nice

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    cool show.

Vegas is the best one.

the Miami CSI = Miami Vice.

It's like returning to my childhood.

12. I won't watch crime drama until they bring back Homicide. That show was easily the best.

13. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

CSI is awesome. I dig the Las Vegas and Miami ones. NY doesn't do much for me.

I just finished taking all my AP exams, so we having nothing to do in my classes for a month. My AP Bio teacher is a huge CSI nut and is bringing in his CSI DVDs for the class to watch.

14. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I spend a lot of time over at www.televisionwithoutpity.com They recap shows so I don't miss the storylines on shows I miss because of work. *hopes that made sense*

The TWOP recapper commented on how several shows were using the convention of having a storyline involving some different sexual persuasion, just so this one particular character could be shown looking uncomfortable around the plushies, or trannies, or whatever kind of fetishist...

The recapper said she would love if they turned that around backwards, had the show make up a really bizarre fetish, had the crew go to the club to investigate...and have one of the clubmembers sitting in , say, a hot tub full of squid recognize him "Hey! You're here! I thought you were working tonight big guy!"

I want to see THAT episode.

15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Dude, I miss that show bad, I think it might still be on Court TV. I wish I could afford the DVD.s GREAT SHOW

16. I'm going to disagree, but only slightly. Grissom does get annoying sometimes, but that's just the character, and everyone's annoying sometimes. I don't think William Petersen... son... whatever... thinks he's the best actor ever ('cos he's not), but he does a good job.

Then again, I may be biased, 'cos he's my favourite character. The relationship with him and Sara is frustratingly awesome.

:D
    I discovered that yesterday after looking up CSI stuff. They have some hella funny spins on the episodes. :D

17. CSI (the original series) is pretty much the only non-sports show I watch on TV. I like to believe I have higher standards than most of the masses, and this is about the only thing on TV that still interests me.

I do have one pertinent question though... how come they never turn on any lights? They're always using these flashlights, no matter what the situation is. This is really starting to bug me. :confused:

18. 'Cos it's cooler.

19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I was always thinkin'..."uh, dudes...halogens?"

I also liked "Homocide...Life on the Street". The earlier episodes. I've always enjoyed Yaphet Kotto. He's played great roles in many good movies.

20. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Just the way he's always crossing his arms and posing like a total tool really gets on my nerves.