Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

csny in front of a pool?????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zazz, Oct 28, 2005.

1. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    i once saw a video of crosby stills nash and young in somebodys back yard overlooking the sea and in front of a swimming pool. There was a few other people such as joanie mitchell there..... what was this video/film called?

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    A Trainwreck ?
    A Bore Fest ?
    Irrelevant to anyone today ?

Sorry, I HAD to :D

3. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    yeah ...laugh it up dude...but it was really good footage... :bassist:

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

CSNY > almost all the crap put out today passing for music.

5. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Get the sand out of your vag dude. I was kidding. I even added the smiley. get over yourself, have some fun. They are slightly irrelevant in todays musical world though. Sheesh !

6. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    sure guys thats true..they suck...but i still wonder about that really cool gig ..what was it called ...i cant rest until my quest is answered...then i can buy and download that gig and listen and watch something that was important at that time...im sure mtv can conjure up some teenage ..i dont like my mum and dad ..malcolm in the middle type track to divert you from such hippie trite in the meantime...peace and love! :hyper:

7. Amen.

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Yep. Great musicians. Great vocals. Great writing. They suck a ton. :eyebrow:

9. Not hardly, if 4 guys that can write songs and sing beautifully can do that good- imagine how awesome it would be if 4 guys dressed all in black and wore "kreepy" makeup and sang like Cookie Monster or angry monkeys!

10. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I know that CSNY did a private reunion gig at Crosby's house at some point in the '80s. It was filmed for personal use, but somebody leaked it into bootlegging circles. Perhaps this is what you saw?

11. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    You know what, I'm old enough to remember their stuff when it was new. Didn't like it then, and I sure don't like it now. It's just a preference thing. You guys sure get your panties in a bunch when someone doesn't see eye to eye with you. If you like it, more power to you. Now go take a pill and chill out, or something. Musicians are supposed to be some of the more open minded people in society, you guys prove that theory wrong everyday :rollno:

12. I'm really sorry you don't find relevance in CSN+Y's music. I'm also sorry you can't handle being hacked after posting a rude and irrelavent reply to the original posters querry.

As far as being open minded, page through a Rolling Stone or Alternative Press, listen to a modern rock radio station...

I'd rather sit for a day trying to figure out the vocal parts to Suite Judy Blue Eyes than spend 3 minutes tuning down my bass and figuring out a Disturbed song.

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Back at ya Mr. Uptight. Perhaps you should "remove the sand from your vag", and take your own advice.

14. Good grief. Not another flaming thread. Just accept that some people like, and some dislike, CSNY and don't call each other names. Why can't we just all get along?

15. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    If anybody gives a hoot...
    Crosby lives in the Santa Ynez Valley where I lived for years (about 10 minutes from Michael Jackson's ranch, haha) - they sell his wife's salsa at El Rancho Market, it's not terribly bad. He's been getting into 'small town politics' a lot recently I guess - little battles in the paper here and there with Fess Parker about zoning and Indians. I haven't seen that footage but Clapton hung out w/ them a lot too - wouldn't be surprised if he was there.

16. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    To the guy hating on CSNY calling them irrelevent? First of all songs like Ohio are just as important today and props to them for speaking out against that stuff. Also those guys are better musicians and songwriters then you will ever be.

17. Really? My experience has been that musicians are some of the most self indulgent opinionated people that I know!

:bag: See what I mean? :bag:

18. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Two reported posts, both by you, buzz.

Strike two.

19. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I may be opionated, but I'm far from self indugent. Disagreement, debate and the right to express one's views are some of the principals that this county was founded on. This is not meant a personal attack on you

20. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Nice, you must be some great cop. LOL. Good thing your not a CSI, they'd never find any clues. Read the original post I was trying to be funny. Granted, it seems not to have worked. But what else should I expect, coming from some of you guys. I give up.

CSNY Rules ! Do you all feel better now ?

Why aren't you guys aren't jumping folks in the other thread for all the Metallica and/or Megadeath sucks comments posted in that other thread ? Sheesh !