1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cubase crashing with VST plug ins

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by therex, Oct 29, 2010.

1. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    beforehand i apologise for my 5-year old english but i hope it doesnt upset you

so the problem is quite simple, whenever i activate a VST to a track like amplitube or ampeg SVX it distorts really bad, but if happens after few seconds(sometimes minutes) of listening to the track, restarting the audio card solves the problem for some seconds, but then it happens again

will buying a line 6 UVX help the problem?

my computer is a lenovo, 3gb ram, core2duo and i use a zoom G2.U1 via USB as recording device

2. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    Well, first do the obvious things:

Check for updates to windows, cubase, and the vst's. I forget if Cubase gives a crash-log.
    Next, driver conflicts, although they would normally happen before Cubase gets off the ground, check google to see if there are others having your issues with your setup or a similar setup, pay attention to your motherboard and your sound card in posts.

As for a new sound card, if your on a budget or if not, I recommend M-Audio ( AVID ), I have never had issues, unless you go back to 1998 and the old Matrox video card, Cool Edit debacle....but thats eons ago.

If you can, go fire wire. Trust me, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches, if you can do that. DON'T repeat..DO NOT buy a combo fire wire / usb card....those are good for BB gun practive..nothing more.