1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cubase SE - can I sell it?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by high mileage, Oct 4, 2008.

1. high mileage

high mileage

Apr 17, 2006
    Rockford IL
    Note: This isn't meant to be a classified ad, but I am a supporting member and will list it in the classifieds here depending on the answers...

I bought a copy of Cubase SE awhile back, but really haven't used it. Actually I haven't even opened the program in over a year because I never installed it on my new computer. I did register it and contacted their tech support on a minor issue. Since I had to re-install Windows on that computer, I can't do a regular uninstall if that matters.

My question is - I'm trying to just get rid of stuff I don't use. If I sell it to someone, would this be a useable/installable disc? Guess I'm not really tech-savvy with that stuff. I know we're not talking about much money, but maybe someone would get some use out of it.

Thanks for the help.

2. mutedeity

mutedeity

Aug 27, 2007
    Sydney
    I can't say that this is definitive yes or no but I would look at the licensing agreement that came with your copy. Legally if the wording is "non-transferable" it would mean that you can't resell it. If you have the original disk and serial number you could install it on any compatible computer. You wouldn't be able to get support and it wouldn't be legal if the license is non-transferable, but it would work.

If you are in doubt, you could always contact the manufactures and ask them if the license is transferable.