cubase to nuendo

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Howard K, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    ok, a mate has recorded some tracks on cubase and i need to record bass over the drum parts and re-mix.

what's the easiest way to transfer a piece - track by track from cubase to nuendo - without losing any quality?

oh and it needs to fit on a CD to :)

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You can import a Cubase song (.all) in Nuendo, but I'm not sure how well it works.

Are you using Cubase VST or SX?

Make sure you include all data on that CD. You need all audio files, not just the .all file.

[EDIT] I forgot. If you used any VST FX or VSTis in Cubase, you need to have those installed in Nuendo too, unless you rendered them into the respective track already.
  3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    using VST... should be ok.

pre-recording the effects on their respective channels is a good tip - one i'd ahve probably forgotten otherwise :)

thanks. i thought it'd be a fairly easy operation (in theory), being both from the same manufacturer etc...
  4. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Nuendo should be able to import cubase files without a problem. Just burn the necessary files to the cd, and you should be ok.