Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cubase

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Walbassman, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    :bassist: I am getting Cubase as a gift and have not had much opportunity to mess with it yet. What suggestions do you all have to use this product? I will be using it on a PC. suggestions, thoughts and any other info for use is mucho appreciated...

JM

2. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    1. Read the tutorial
    2. Play around with it
    3. Keep the help section open at all times

In all honesty it's one of the most user friendly recording programs out there in my opinion.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cubase is awesome, have fun. You can do damn near anything you can think of with program.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    cubase is really nice, i have it.and i didn't read anything jus tplayed around with it..good luck

steve

5. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    [approximately 24 hours later, bleary eyed and feeling considerably less intelligent]
    Doh!

6. Is anyone interested in swapping Cubase songs?

For example, I could burn a CD of one of my tunes with all the Cubase files, you could then load it up on your machine, re-mix it, add some stuff and then send it back.

Can MAC and PC swap files?
    I'm on a PC for Cubase at home but on a MAC at work.

7. Yeah, PC's and macs have the same cubase files, but sx 2 files won't work in sx 1, or sx 1 in vst obv.

Swapping cubase files sounds like a cool idea but surely it would either mean sending huge audio files or it would reley on both ppl having the same VST's??