Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Curbow Lutherie Education Fund (CLEF)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by prockenklang, Dec 29, 2005.

1. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    A message from Curbow String Instruments:
    Greg Curbow's death on August 13,2005 was an untimely loss.However,we at Curbow String Instruments are continuing Greg's mission through instruments built at the highest level of perfection and playability and through the Curbow School of Lutherie.The school is dedicated to supporting the next generation of guitar builders.With that in mind,we are establishing the Curbow Lutherie Education Fund (CLEF),a nonprofit foundation to raise scholarship funds for luthier students.We want to honor Greg Curbow and support CLEF with a weekend of music and play in June.The dates will be on the occasion of Greg's 49.5 birthday,June 9th,10th,and 11th.We are seeking musicians/bands playing or aspiring to play Curbow instruments and any friends of Curbow,new and old,who want to get involved with our event.We have not finalized a venue,but it will be in the Blue Ridge Georgia area and will be an outdoor campout opportunity.
    For information,to work with us as we plan our party for Greg Curbow and to join us in June,e-mail us at simon@curbow.com,or call us at (706)374-2873.You can also visit our website at www.curbow.com.

John

2. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    Pacman,
    this is what I was talking about in my PM,I didn't know how to forward it to you.

John