Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Curbow neck shim

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by codeine, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Hey guys i need a bit of advice on inserting a shim into my curbow and doing a nut job.

1)Would you have to insert 2 shims -one under the two bolts that are closer to the bridge and a larger one under teh fifth bolt

2)what size would you recomend using

3)what material would you use

4)how do you set nut height and slot depth and width

Thanks for all your help

2. Curbow

Curbow

Aug 1, 2002
    Call Me!
    I'll be glad to help you out with your adjustments.
    Greg
    :)

3. Curbow

Curbow

Aug 1, 2002
    Oh!
    I see your Down Under!
    E-mail me direct at
    greg@curbow.com
    Thanks
    Greg

4. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Man, my respect for Curbow just went up about tenfold.

Pkr2

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    no kiddin'...greg's a great guy to deal with...call him up, he answers the phone...tell him the serial number of your bass, and chances are, he knows exactly which one you're talking about (with the usa ones, anyway ;) ).

6. Yeah, Greg's been great to us TB'ers. We had him at the next to last ATL get-together and he answered questions all night.

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, and i missed it...i'm still kicking my old section leader's shins for putting me on duty that day...guess who the section leader is now, though...heheh

8. I am well and truly blown away by the effort he has demonstrated by providing this response and looking after his customers.

Thanks greg and thanks TB

9. Who's Greg? :p :rolleyes:

We should have a Setup Special Mod rotational system... somehow i dont think i'd ever get voted. lol

:D:D

Merls

10. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.

What the heck are you talking about?

Greg is the guy who, obviously,is representing Curbow in trying to get a problem straightened out for a customer.

A rolleyes emoticon generally indicates sarcasm. Is that what you meant to convey?

Aside from that, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Pkr2

11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Actually, Greg doesn't represent Curbow, Greg=Curbow. And, I think Merlin knew that, and that's exactly why he did use the roleyes.

12. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Tnx for filling me in. I didn't know that. Course I'm always the last to know everything. :)

Hi, Greg. I'm impressed by a company (or man)that cares about the customer after the sale is made.

13. Exactly.

Ahh the story of my life. :p

:D:D

Merls

14. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    "Ahh the story of my life.
    Merls"

Welcome to the club! :) :)

Pkr2

15. Well, now that you know everything again, take your place back in line with the rest of us! :D

16. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    You're a cold hearted man, Hambone. :):)

Merry Christmas

Pkr2

17. Hey guys i have been unable to get in contact with greg so i was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me with teh adjustments

thanks