Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Curbow Petite 4 and Warwick Streamer Stage 1

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Walbassman, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I am looking at one of each of these basses. What do you all think are good prices to pay for basses like these in excellent condition. I am not sure of the year on the Curbow, but the Warwick is a 98. I am not very familiar with either of these other than what they look like. The Warwick is blue and the Curbow is trans blk with barts. :help:

2. I can only really comment on the Warwick. Something in the order of $1500 isn't a steal. Brass nut? Wenge fretboard? Can you hang back and wait for an older one to come along? If possible, play it before you plunk down your hard-earned cash.

3. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    The Warwick (based on the pictures) is 1200.00...I can't see paying MUCH more. I have other bass needs but if the price is right I may have to experiment. Looks like a wenge fingerboard. MEC pickups. need to check the nut.

4. That price doesn't sound too bad actually. It won't be what you're used to :D , but should provide a pleasant diversion. The necks can vary widely between instruments, so it's a good idea to try to give it a whirl in person if at all possible.

Best of luck!

5. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    If your interested.
    I have a Curbow Petite Retro II 5 for sale.
    Don't know how much the 4 your looking at is but my Retro 5 is $1350 with HSC.
    Some specs:
    One piece ash body, maple multi-lam neck (just like the rockwood necks, just maple) with rockwood fingerboard, Bartolini p/u's & 2 band pre.
    It's one of two built this way, Sam Simms from Janet Jackson has the other.
    http://www.lowdownsound.com/usedgear.htm