1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Curbow Petite 4 and Warwick Streamer Stage 1

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Walbassman, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I am looking at one of each of these basses. What do you all think are good prices to pay for basses like these in excellent condition. I am not sure of the year on the Curbow, but the Warwick is a 98. I am not very familiar with either of these other than what they look like. The Warwick is blue and the Curbow is trans blk with barts. :help:

2. I can only really comment on the Warwick. Something in the order of $1500 isn't a steal. Brass nut? Wenge fretboard? Can you hang back and wait for an older one to come along? If possible, play it before you plunk down your hard-earned cash.

3. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    The Warwick (based on the pictures) is 1200.00...I can't see paying MUCH more. I have other bass needs but if the price is right I may have to experiment. Looks like a wenge fingerboard. MEC pickups. need to check the nut.

4. That price doesn't sound too bad actually. It won't be what you're used to :D , but should provide a pleasant diversion. The necks can vary widely between instruments, so it's a good idea to try to give it a whirl in person if at all possible.

Best of luck!

5. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    If your interested.
    I have a Curbow Petite Retro II 5 for sale.
    Don't know how much the 4 your looking at is but my Retro 5 is $1350 with HSC.
    Some specs:
    One piece ash body, maple multi-lam neck (just like the rockwood necks, just maple) with rockwood fingerboard, Bartolini p/u's & 2 band pre.
    It's one of two built this way, Sam Simms from Janet Jackson has the other.
    http://www.lowdownsound.com/usedgear.htm