1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Curbow USA petite 6 carved Mahogany top 1996****trade interest updated****

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WarwickThunder, Aug 28, 2020.

1. WarwickThunder

WarwickThunder

Jun 10, 2013
    Allen, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello Bass players around the world! This time I bring you the very cherished, treasured and very hard to find in good condition, the Curbow Petite 6 by Greg Curbow in 1996.
    Hand-carved tonewoods in the body, Rockwood in the neck and unmistakeable Curbow design throughout. The International Petite is hand made and displays the highest build quality and materials available anywhere. It is truly a work of art.

The petite and perfectly balanced body have the exclusive Curbow designed tilt-back bridge with solid brass tone block. Curbow voiced Bartolini "Split Rail" pickups with 3-band EQ with adjustable mid-range (250Hz, 500Hz, 750Hz) and blend control. The adjustable Rockwood neck and fingerboard has 24 jumbo frets, a hand-cut Corian nut and lightweight Sperzel locking tuners. The bolt-on neck joint uses hardened steel inserts and five fasteners for maximum transfer of tone. The shape of the joint allows excellent access to the full range of the neck.
    Specs for this item are:
    Neck: Rockwood construction
    Body:,Mahogany body with hand carved mahogany top
    Pickups:Bartolini electronics
    Electronics: Bartolini:
    Tuners: Sperzel locking tuners
    Bridge: Super low action Curbow bridge and tone to die for
    Case: original Curbow hardshell case.
    Weight: Only 9.3 lbs,

Only issues are some very light players marks on the back.
    About the rockwood neck:
    The neck and fingerboard on every Curbow String Instrument is made from Rockwood simply because it's the best. The best sonically, the best musically and the best structurally.
    Like the name says Rockwood is, in fact, wood. Rockwood is a man made material which starts with thin layers of premium void free Finish Birch hardwood. The Birch veneers are saturated with Phenolic based resin, layered, pressed with more than 2000 lbs per square inch and baked at 450 degrees. Dyes in the Phenolic even allow the material to be colored. This amazing material has the lively sonic qualities and soul of the wood on which it is based and the superb structural qualities of composites. Rockwood is unaffected by changes in temperature and humidity and it never becomes sticky or tacky.
    Every Curbow Rockwood neck utilizes a fully adjustable truss-rod system flanked by dual pultruded graphite torsion rods running the length of the neck. This allows the neck to be fully adjusted to accommodate all playing styles and techniques.
    Rockwood plus expert Curbow design, two of the Curbow differences that give the musician an instrument that sounds better, sustains longer and responds faster than any other.
    On-board Electronics
    Made by Bill Bartolini with exclusive Curbow designed voicings, the pickups and on-board electronics bring out the best in each Curbow String Instrument; and they bring out the best in the musician.
    For versatile and musical results, all Curbow String Instruments have an exclusive 3-way active EQ with a 3-band adjustable midrange. (Except for the Retro II Passive with its classic J-bass configuration with two volumes and one tone controls.) With two pickups, the International Exotic Petite adds a pickup blend control to the 3 way EQ and volume.
    The bass control offers 14db boost or cut at 40Hz. The midrange offers an awesome 18db boost or cut at user adjustable centers of 250Hz, 500Hz or 750Hz. The treble control offers 14db boost or cut at 4KHz.
    The Exclusive Bridge Design
    It's called the "witness point"... that place at the bridge where the string bends towards the body. Having a good witness point with a nice strong bend helps transfer the resonance of the string into the body of the instrument. (Tip: When you change your strings, never forget to put a little bend right there.)
    The International Exotic Petite and the XT-33 feature the fully adjustable, exclusive Curbow design bridge. This bridge is designed to give a strong witness point and superior resonance transfer. But it's more than the shape that matters, the Curbow bridge is made of solid milled brass, not steel, aluminum or pot metal. The M-Series and the Retro feature a high-quality, fully adjustable brass bridge.
    What it means to the musician is tighter, snappier strings, better tone and longer sustain.
    On the International Exotic Petite and the XT-33 the bridge is partially embedded into the body and tilted back for an even better witness point and better tone... And then there's the Curbow Tone Block:
    The Exclusive Curbow Tone Block is precision machined from Bell Brass. It is buried deep within the body of every International Exotic Petite and XT-33. The top wood is actually sandwitched between the bridge and the Tone Block. This way, all the resonance from the string is delivered deep into the core of the body. It complicates the manufacturing but we think it's worth it. You can't see it but you can hear it!

Price OBO
    Shipping included in the US
    The only trades I’m considering at the moment is:
    MM 25th anniversary Reflex HSS or HH 5 strings, German Warwick , Mayones and Modulus, But I’m not closed to other offers. PM me with it. Worst I can say is no, respectfully.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    emjazz, feschyn, gscroggin and 9 others like this.
  2. Slapped

Slapped Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Queens, New York
    Wow!! Bucket list bass for sure.

3. mfortin

mfortin Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2019
    Quebec
    Scale length and string spacing at bridge please.

WarwickThunder likes this.
  4. WarwickThunder

WarwickThunder

Jun 10, 2013
    Allen, TX
    string separation is 18mm and the scale is 34”

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  5. WarwickThunder

WarwickThunder

Jun 10, 2013
    Allen, TX
    Corrected

6. Nakoatron

Nakoatron Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Where in tx?!

7. WarwickThunder

WarwickThunder

Jun 10, 2013
    Allen, TX
    Allen, TX. About 15mins from Dallas

8. Nakoatron

Nakoatron Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Nice! I never seen one of these in person, im out near aledo.

Texas pals!

9. WarwickThunder

WarwickThunder

Jun 10, 2013
    Allen, TX
    Yeah! Not far at all. This Basses are a real rare find. I’ve been reading about it since the late nineties, and this is the first time ever I held one. Definitely a keeper for a 6 string player. I’m a 5er only.

10. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    Beauty!!

11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    As good as it gets.

12. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    I'm so glad this is sold!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021