Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by justateenpoet, Jul 13, 2005.

1. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    I was up in Keene, NH this afternoon and I played a custom Curbow "petite" bass. It was an unlined fretless four string (with I believe 30 "frets'), had a gourgeous burst body, single Bartolini active J p-up, and the thing played incredibly. I played it through a 2x10 SWR with a workingman head and it almost played itself. The store was charging $2,250 for it.

Good deal? Is this a price to go nuts over and figure out a financial plan with the parents, or is 2 Grand pretty standard for a Curbow? Is this even too high a price for a bass like this?

It seems that I have a disease, and apparently now the only prescription is more...Curbow?
  2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    I used to love the original Curbows. When you get into Botique bass prices, you can't really ask the question of value IMO. It becomes a matter of how much you are digging the instrument and how high are you willing to pay to satisfy your need for what the bass can give you. I can tell you that I almost bought one back in 1993 for around $1500 so in adjusted dollars, this seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.