1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Curbow?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by justateenpoet, Jul 13, 2005.

1. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    I was up in Keene, NH this afternoon and I played a custom Curbow "petite" bass. It was an unlined fretless four string (with I believe 30 "frets'), had a gourgeous burst body, single Bartolini active J p-up, and the thing played incredibly. I played it through a 2x10 SWR with a workingman head and it almost played itself. The store was charging $2,250 for it.

Good deal? Is this a price to go nuts over and figure out a financial plan with the parents, or is 2 Grand pretty standard for a Curbow? Is this even too high a price for a bass like this?

It seems that I have a disease, and apparently now the only prescription is more...Curbow?

2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I used to love the original Curbows. When you get into Botique bass prices, you can't really ask the question of value IMO. It becomes a matter of how much you are digging the instrument and how high are you willing to pay to satisfy your need for what the bass can give you. I can tell you that I almost bought one back in 1993 for around $1500 so in adjusted dollars, this seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.