1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Curious About Anthony Vittis Finger Funk Workbook

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by beaglegod, Mar 18, 2009.

1. beaglegod

beaglegod

Jan 6, 2009
    I was just wondering if anyone has used either of his workbooks for study and if so how has it helped you. Also if you are using or have used the finger funk work books, would you conscider them good for begginers, intermediates, or advanced?

Ive seen some of the videos on his website and hes a bad man. :cool:

2. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Vitti's instructional books are the best. My favorite is reading Funk Rhythms. I would guess the order of difficulty to be Hip Hop,,,FF2 then FF1,easiest to hardest.

Aj

3. beaglegod

beaglegod

Jan 6, 2009
    Thanks AJ Ill be ordering his sight reading book and maybe the first here on your list. I can tell the workbooks would take me a long time to work through, I doubt Id ever outgrow them.

4. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    If you just get one get FF2 and reading.

Hip hop's all about the swung 16ths groove,FF2 will be easy enough at first.

Aj

5. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    They're great books -- they really kick your ass (at least mine) reading wise, and then once you get comfortable with a section you can play along to the track to make sure you really have it:bassist:

6. +1 to all posts. I got the entire bundle and they were the best investment I have made in a long time.

Every one is challenging in its own way and all are really fun to play. My playing has improved out of sight because of them!

7. beaglegod

beaglegod

Jan 6, 2009
    Yep Im definitely going to order them, Anthony in his discription of FF2 says
    I emailed him about my current practice routine and told him how my main interest was funk, but how I was feeling overwhelmed with modes and arppegios and he said something interesting:
    I got almost identical advice from Marlow DK, Funstar650 and a few other players that I admire on the tube. So while I wont be abandoning modes/scales/arp. I can see there needs to be a shift in prioritys. I think Vittis books may be very beneficial on a number of levels all at once, sorta like when a good martial arts instructor teaches a form, and through the form your stretching, strengthening muscles,developing coordination and learning a fighting style all at once. Cant wait to get my copy. :bassist:

ErikP.Bass likes this.
  8. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Ahhh,,your Monkey style is NO match for my Crane!!!!!

Your Kung Fu can't Kill

You must return to Shoalin ,seek master Vitti and Train!

Aj