1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Curious Bullet bass auction

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWest1981, Dec 7, 2011.

1. DWest1981

DWest1981 Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Hey folks,

I am generally interested in vintage short scales and considered myself to be pretty well versed in the Bullet basses, generally paying attention to any that are on the market.

When I stumbled upon this today it piqued my curiosity, mainly because I'm generally skeptical of that auction site and its contributors. So far, I'm certain that this "100% vintage" example has replacement pickup covers since they're black, not white and replacement knobs that are some sort of speed knob instead of the usual numbered knob.

I'm also relatively certain that the body has been refinished, since I don't know that I've seen any stock finishes like that.

So, what do you think?

Regards,
    DW

2. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    The only way I can imagine it being 100% stock is that it was a prototype or specially made for an employee. Low probability of either being the case. If this person actually plays bass, he must play boat anchors. 10-12 pounds is light?

3. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Hummm... Never knew they made a SS Bullet..cool! I have never seen black Mustang type pups myself, there are aftermarket in black thou. The knobs don't look like a bullet. It's a cool looking bass I will say that.

I just picked up an 84' SQ Squier Bullet and its awesome and I got it cheap. It's black with a maple fretboard with rolled edges, it plays and sounds great and the neck is to die for.