1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Current Ampeg QA status?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NEUROT, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEUROT

NEUROT

Mar 8, 2008
    I've recently decided to upgrade my Ampeg head, and have potentially decided on the SVT3-Pro. After researching online, I've learned about the recent departure of Ampeg to Vietnam/China... Yes, I'm behind on things, and disappointed like most. Regardless, I haven't been able to find a comprehensive thread that discusses the quality of the currently made Ampeg products. I understand and appreciate everyones' disappointment with Ampeg not being USA made anymore. I'm looking for current, relevant opinions on the quality and sound of Asian made Ampegs, particularly the SVT3-Pro. Look forward to your thoughts.

2. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    Luckily for me I organized all of my ten foot poles...unfortunately for you I forgot where I put that D@&$ master list of how I organized them.

You may want to do a search on the subject of ampeg moving production to Asia you will most likely be able to come up with some good opinions and at least general anwsers to your questions.

All that I can attest to is that I bought a new 410 that is not made in the USA and I can tell you it every bit as sturdy and well manufactured as the older USA made ones...

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yes, this topic has been covered many times (the search feature will locate many threads on it) and creates problems here. Please post in the thread I have linked below for all things related to the Ampeg move as they are not allowed anywhere else.

Ampeg - Past, Present, and Future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.