1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Current gold standard pedalboard wireless?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Dec 6, 2017.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I did a few searches, but I didn’t come up with much. Apologies if this has been discussed recently.

I’m thinking about asking my wife for a pedal format wireless rig for Yule. What’s the current preferred system? I’ve always held off on the G30 due to reports that the transmitter is fragile. Also, the non-bodypack models like the G10 are appealing until I think what would happen if I smack the mounted transmitter into something.

How well regarded is the Shure GLXD16? It’s certainly pricey enough. Also, are some 2.4 ghz units more prone to WiFi interference than others?

2. guitarflinger

guitarflinger Not all who wander are lost Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Front Range, Colorado
    I have used the Shure GLXD for 4-5 years. It has worked flawlessly. No audible signal loss or noise. It is kind of nice to go out front during the sound check and see what you actually sound like to the audience.

HeavyDuty likes this.
  3. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thank you! I should probably at least mention that I am 100% five strings, and that it may get used with guitars, too.

4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I use the Shure with my 5 strings. Definitely a step up from line6 given the increased range (at least by my perception) and rechargeable battery.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    JimiLL and HeavyDuty like this.
  5. Schlitz

Schlitz Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Ortonville, Michigan
    I use the Shure GLXD16 as does our guitarist and we haven't had and issues with interference from WiFi or each other

HeavyDuty likes this.
  6. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thanks, guys - I’m really leaning towards the GLXD16...

7. guitarflinger

guitarflinger Not all who wander are lost Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Front Range, Colorado
    I play mostly 5's as well. No problems noted

HeavyDuty likes this.
  8. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I've used a Line 6 G50 for a long time now. No complaints.
    I'd have no problem checking out the G70 or the Shure that you're I've mentioned.

HeavyDuty likes this.
  9. I have a glxd 4. Superior in every way to my xdr95 I had

HeavyDuty likes this.
  10. Rickter

Rickter Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I have a Line6 G30 system and while admittedly it's not the best or even high end, it has done pretty well. I have not had a problem with any fragility issues for the transmitter, but I am not rough on my gear typically. The only thing I have found about the G30 is that the transmitter pack will continue to drain power from your AAs even if the transmitter is turned off. So if you go that route, make sure to take the batteries out of the transmitter between uses for maximum life.

HeavyDuty likes this.