1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Current Pedal Board and question about Midi on Mobius to Eventide Space

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nomadhang, Feb 28, 2013.

1. I am pretty happy with my board for the first time in a long time. I'm really getting into some deep soundscapes and tones...question: can I midi link the Strymon Mobius and the Eventide Space together so when I tap ones tempo the other pedal adjusts with it? check it>

Bass > MXR Bass Compressor > Iron Ether Oxide Fuzz > Pigtronix
    Mothership (18v version modified for low end tracking) > Aguilar
    Octamizer > Iron Ether Xerograph Deluxe > Jacques Trinity > Strymon
    Mobius > Eventide Space > SFX Thumpinator > Fuzzrocious BDPG >
    3Leaf Audio Enabler > Amp *Genz Benz Shuttle Max 6.0 (with the Aphex
    204 in the Amps loop).

IMG_4402_zps5b77b7f2.

_MG_4409_zpsf54a3ad6.

2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    They can both receive MIDI clock (or MIDI tap messages, at least for the Mobius). Unfortunately neither will send it.

My solution is to use a Disaster Area DMC controller to send MIDI tap messages, in my case to both my Mobius and my Timeline. If you get in touch with Matt I am sure he could let you know if something is possible with the Space. It does mean an extra box, but it adds a lot of functionality at the same time.

3. great and yes if i have an extra single box to control the tap tempo for both units that would work perfect, is that what you mean? one box to rule them all...

4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Correct.

I am actually using a JHV3 MTPro1:3 to send tap signals 3 places, one of which is my DMC-3XL. The DMC sends MIDI tap to the Timeline and Mobius and my M5 and Flint get tap straight from the MTPro.

So far so good, as far as syncing everything up.