Current Rig and Some Gig Impressions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boogiebass, Sep 8, 2002.

1. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Well, my recent upgrade cycle is over (for now) and the rig pictured below is what I'm using. I just stacked everything together for a pic, I don't really run it with a cab on top of the amp, BTW. Lots of options. For a small room, the Bergie's are good by themselves, either/or. Slightly larger rooms call for the Epi into one channel of the Stewart (or mono-bridged if I feel like it). My priorities in putting this rig together were: power, portability and clarity.

The Stewart and Demeter are a good match. Running those cabs, there's lots of clarity with my active, extended-range basses. Plenty of clean power but a nice, punchy tube front-end. The Demeter allows me to basically run my basses with everything flat and then cut rather than boost to taste.

So far, everything seems fine. Rather pricey but worth it.

2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    HT112 and HT210. The Epi is a T-212.
  3. Hey, how do you like the Stewart/Demeter match?
    I'm thinking of putting them together with my Epifani 3x10. I think that should sound great but I haven't been able to put them together and actually listen to it.

Any thoughts?
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Should be good with an Epi 310. Like I said, the Stewart/Demeter are a good pair. Lots of clean power and punchy/tone-laden front end. Good for what I'm after, which is clarity and the sound of my basses. I don't use effects.
  5. Sounds like what I'm looking for. I have great sounding basses and I don't use effects either.

6. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    sorry if this is a stupid ? but whats a demeter? is it a pre amp?
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yep. Preamp.

Sweet rig Boogie! I'm insanely jealous how those Roscoe's sound through that sweet beast! I dig the heck outtat the Epi 2x10s. If I were to suddenly switch from metal to small jazz combos, a Epifani 2x10 would be my amp of choice. Heck, I'd even go for one to mic for recording and for playing it in my house (Never felt anything less than a 2x10 can do a B justice, aside from EA, and those is $$$!)

I want that rig!
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    how heavy is that stewart? what's it's power ratings?
  9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Just 17 pounds, 2100 watts into 4 ohms (mono bridged, stats below). It's a kick-butt amp, I could not be happier with mine. :) Amps & Combos/stewart_world_21.htm
  10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm gassing hard for some Bergie cabs of my own. :eek:
  11. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Just like Fuzzy said. It has the most favorable watts per pound ratio on the market, I believe. So far, it's been good for me.
  12. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    As much as I like the Epifani 212, those Bergantino's are my favorite right now. Clean and very full range. Since I'm a clarity fanatic, it's hard to use other cabs after I heard these. I'm giving serious thought to an HT310, in fact. You should hear both Bergies, the 112 and 210 mono-bridged with that rig! Mercy...:D
  13. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The Roscoe's sound pretty sweet through this setup, I must say. ;)